Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, I know this is a case of totally shameless boasting. I am a mean person. My character is beyond description.

But, anyway:

I've done my first 20,000 words. :dancing:

And the weekend's still young :-D

I LOVE the nanowrimo!

·
Registered
203 Posts
WooHoo...;)

Congratulations!!!!

I'm right behind you with 18,932 words!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great :) A nanowrimo winner in the making :)

I find it so much easier to keep ahead of the word count than falling behind and having to catch up. It's more fun this way :)

Beyond that, my novel has started acting funny. You know, all kinds of characters do things they were not ought to do, unimportant colleagues of side characters have developed a life of their own... It all helps the word count, certainly, but it's kind of rude of them to do what they want instead of doing what I planned for them :D I guess I'll have some of them die gruesome deaths. That'll give me some satisfaction :D

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Tell me more about this nanowrimo!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's quite simple. You write a novel of at least 50,00 words during the month of November. There's a big online community that supports you, and all kinds of gadgets like little word counters and stuff :)
Since you have only one month, it tends to be more about quantity than quality, which is actually a good thing because it gets you to actually sit down and write a novel, instead of writing a chapter, revising it, getting depressed because it's so crappy, revising again, throwing it away, starting anew...
Big fun, and it doesn't cost a penny (except what you pay for coffee and candy).

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congratulations, I have been writing a book for my kids for about 12 years and I am still not done.

·
Registered
203 Posts
She summed Nano up perfectly! They do it every year during the month of November! There have been Nano written books that have gotten published and if I'm not mistaken even on the bestsellers list! I will have to look for that again.

I totally understand what you are talking about. One of my characters has tried to take on multiple personalities. It could work but I'm just keep shaking my head!!!

Updated word count: 22,348

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@hunertime: What are you writing about?
@Lilolme: Then I've got to hurry up, or you'll get ahead of me :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well, today is my scheduled no write day but I did sneak in an hour or so of writing just because it was killing me not to...so, you have almost a full 24 hours to keep trucking along in front of me!

·
Registered
783 Posts
@hunertime: What are you writing about?
I have life lessons, recipes, frugal and cleaning tips. Just a little dream that I hope someday to get done, probably when I'm dead the kids will do it. I hope I finish before then. :box:
What is everyone else writing about?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@hunertime: Sounds like a book that will be read and re-read again and again by your kids :)

I'm doing a thriller. Loads of gruesome deaths, conspiracies, etc. Very much a fun-oriented project.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
@Lilolme: I hardly wrote at all this week. Only now did I finish the 25,000 line. I hope to write for some more time tonight, and most of Saturday. I need to get this novel finished :D How are you doing?
At the moment, I'm doing all the cheesy parts *ugh* Crying parents telling their daughter she's going to die stuff. (Of course it has all been an intricate lie to lure the daughter out of hiding... very, very cheesy...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts