Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promise, here my on-line diet journal.

This journal will be the one were I will share with who ever is interested my journey as a bodybuilder.

In the next 32 wks I will lose a total of 30# going from a fat bulking weightlifer to a rock hard chiseled abs bodybuilder!

My current weight is 157-160# with appx. 15-17%BF, I want to trim down to 125-130# with a bodyfat% of 6-8% . And I am 5'3"

My first competition is July 8, the Quebec Provincial championship. My second will be the Canadian Nationals championship, Sept.16.

Here's how I look right now at 160#(left)....and here how's I will look in 32wks (pics from last year competition at 125#)

Every month as fat melt, I will update my pictures.:toothy:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tomorrow I will had my diet and training regimen, that I will do to get there.

Diet and training is never static. It will change when I hit a plateau depending of my body needs.

Stay tune... :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, your pictures are amazing! How did you get into body building? What are you going to do to get into your competition shape?

Nichole

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nichole :)

I first hit a weight room in my teens and did my first bb'ing comp. as a "dare" at the age of 19! I then trained on and off for many years, but always wanted to get back on stage. Once my youngest got 2-1/2years old, I told my husband I wanted to compete again. He taught I was joking....but I wasn't LOL...I've hired a coach, did everything she told me to do, work REALLY, really hard, made TONS of sacrifice and hit the stage again at the age of 32. I've been competing every years after that...I will be 37 in april. :)

Bodybuilding as increase my self-esteem sky high!
Being on stage is the BEST feeling ever...you feel like you are on top of the world.

Tomorrow I will post my diet and training&cardio schedule that I will use to get there. ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thank you so much for starting this thread! While I'll never make it to the stage, I love the thought of bodybuilding, and know that my way to health is through weights (well, in my case that stupid cobweb catcher called a bowflex we bought last summer! LOL!)

Hoping to stay inspired to workout along with you.. at least somewhat!

Cindy :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that for a beginner or intermediate trainees bowflex is excellente, you can have a complete body workout with it.

Hey! if you saw what I have in my basement, you would have a good laugh. Half of my machines are hands made by my husband (he's weld and I work for a steel Co. ) :D and the other half I bought at garage sale. Nothing fancy, but it does the job :D

What is important in any trainning program is not the equipment (you could weight lift with cans and water jugs!) what is important is the consistency.

Remember this...consistency is the key!
And foods is everything...you are what you eat.
You want to look lean...eat clean! :)

If you want to get there....you will :angel2:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY PRE CONTEST DIET
22 WEEKS

157 lbs goal weight 125-130#

start at 2400 Calories
(1200 cal Carbohydrate & 1200 cal Protein)

I have to choose from the following to make my meals.

Carbohydrate

3 oz Cream Of Wheat or Oatmeal or Shredded Wheat (300)

Protein

12 Eggs white with 2 tablespoons salsa or
1 cup fat free cottage cheese or
1 scoop whey protein powder ( ISO-PRO) (200)

Protein

20 oz Chicken cooked or
35 oz Shrimps -Lobster or
28 oz Tuna drained or
17.5 oz ground bison / horse meat. (1000)

Carbohydrate

½ cup onions or ½ cup banana pepper pickle (30)

Carbohydrate

2 cup of cooked brown rice or
16 oz cooked potato or yam (436)

Carbohydrate

110 Asparagus spears.
7.5-cup broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained or
16.5 cup Broccoli raw.16.5 cup Cauliflower raw or
11 cup Cauliflower frozen cooked drained.
Unlimited Salad including mushroom, celery, peppers (red or green) onions, tomato.
12 Peppers raw Red or green
7 ½ cup Brussels sprouts cooked
12 cup Turnips cooked
11 cup Green beans frozen cooked drained
11 cup Spinach cooked & drained
5 ½ cup frozen mix vegs
900 gr Beet cooked, boiled, drained
7.5-cup carrots cooked drained.
45 oz Butter nut squash cooked / bakes
45 oz baby carrots raw or 7.5 cup cooked drained (450)

NOTE: 2 Tsp Flax oil / day
7. 5 gr Glutamine twice a day – after training & at bedtime

I will keep this diet as long as I will lose some weight. Will decrease calories only when I start hitting plateaus.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My training schedule (weightlifting and cardio) for the next 10-12 wks will look like this.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
WOW! You look amazing!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow! I always wondered what the cutting phase looked like 'diet wise'. Thank you so much for sharing your journal!

You are keeping me inspired. The scale didn't move for me this week, but the inches sure did, so that's what counts around here! LOL!

Looking forward to you're continued updates!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nath, you look amazing! I used to be a body builder myself ( many years ago, pre-car accident, I took it up after giving up karate, to keep in shape.

I never got to compete as I torn a pec muscle before my first competition:( :bang:

However, I was in amazing shape and whilst I am sure not everyone will "get" your sport or why you do it, I am sure they will be entranced by the journey from "everyday workout body" into "ripped and ready to compete body";)

You remind me a bit of a young Rachel Maclish:D both her and Gladys Portueguese were "my" role models when I did it;) ( That gives you an idea of how long ago it was LOL!)

Good luck and I will be cheering you on from this side of the pond!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You are amazing! As someone with 100 pounds to lose you are an inspiration. Keep posting. It might just motivate me and others to at least lift a little bit! I will be cheering you on! You go girl!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Englishlady said:
Nath, you look amazing! I used to be a body builder myself ( many years ago, pre-car accident, I took it up after giving up karate, to keep in shape.

I never got to compete as I torn a pec muscle before my first competition:( :bang:

However, I was in amazing shape and whilst I am sure not everyone will "get" your sport or why you do it, I am sure they will be entranced by the journey from "everyday workout body" into "ripped and ready to compete body";)

You remind me a bit of a young Rachel Maclish:D both her and Gladys Portueguese were "my" role models when I did it;) ( That gives you an idea of how long ago it was LOL!)

Good luck and I will be cheering you on from this side of the pond!
Wow! U use to be a bodybuilder!! HOW COOL!! :cool: Just reading it make's me all excited LOL.
Thank you for telling me I look like Gladys Portuguese :D When I first started in bodybuilding her and Juliette Bergmann where my role model!! :D

Pec torn :eek: *ouch* that must of been so painful :( I'm so sorry to hear you had to stop weightlifting after car accident...how sad...I would be so "lost", devastated and empty without my sport. Sure I still have the kids and DH, but you know what I mean, competing and training is such a HUGE part of my life right now! How did you manage the switch?

You are correct, lot's of peoples like the way female bodybuilders look (as long as we don't go to extreme muscular mass) but very few know how much sacrifices and efforts is needed DAILY to reach such goal.

Nath

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ACEHearts said:
Wow! I always wondered what the cutting phase looked like 'diet wise'. Thank you so much for sharing your journal!

You are keeping me inspired. The scale didn't move for me this week, but the inches sure did, so that's what counts around here! LOL!

Looking forward to you're continued updates!

Oh! this ain't the cutting phase, well yes it is, but not the hard part ...the last 4-6wks are harder :toothy: ...and last 10days even more :eek: :bang:

If I can inspire or help you a little, I'll be very happy. Losing weight is VERY much like debts reductions, and when we are surounded by peoples having the same interests...everything is so much easier. :)

You are so right about the scale. The scale is JUST ONE of the tools out there to help you follow the progress, the measuring tape, body fat caliper and mirror are others. So don,t stress to much about it. Even if the weight didn't move, your clothes fit differently, so your body composition did change (muscles vs fat) and like you said that is all that count!!
Always remember muscles weights more than fat ;)

Just to give you an exemple. At my very first competition I weight 107# with a waist of 23-24" :eek: and now 5years later...I now compete at around 122-125#...and my waist still measure 24" when I hit the stage. (and bonus...my ass look much better LMAO!!)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mamaw said:
You are amazing! As someone with 100 pounds to lose you are an inspiration. Keep posting. It might just motivate me and others to at least lift a little bit! I will be cheering you on! You go girl!!!!!
THANK YOU Mamaw!!:D

Pounds are just numbers....In the past three years I lost and gains well over 120# LOL

Whatever the number, 100# or 30#, we all have to start at the same place and all have to do the same effort, display the same discipline and consistency and do the same sacrifices, it's just the time needed to reach our goal that is different. Everybody is different and lose weight at different speed. You didn't gain the 100# in 6 months...so it will probably take more than 6months to lose it. But the first thing to do is to take the decision to lose it and start dieting and training....now :) ...baby step can take you very far. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sunday

Just got back from the gym, I've trained a lady this morning. Change her diet and showed her, her new training program. I also showed the the concept of "intensity" in her training, 'cause when you train, it is not sufficient to just got throught the motion and complete the sets and reps, everytime you step on that machine, everytime you lye under that bar, you have to PUSH yourself like you never did (think childbirth labor). You have to exaust your muscles until you can't do one more reps, feel the burn, feel the pump....and then and only then your muscles will grow, your shape will change, your body will tighten and tone. Today we did legs....and when we finished the training she was drained...but extremely happy. She told me her legs were like spagetti....I think she got the concept :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Feb 5th...foods for tomorrow

1 oz oat
6 egg white

5oz deer meat
1/2C rice
1 large salad w/tomato and 1tbsp flax oil, vinegar

4oz chicken
1/2C rice
1C brocoli
1 tbsp flax oil

2oz oat
6 egg white

4.5oz deer meat
1/2 onion
1C rice
1C fresh mushroom

4oz chickien
10oz raw carrot

Calories 2400=1200oprotein/1200carbs

Training will be

AM 60 min cardio on treadmill 65-70% MHR + abs
PM 20min HIIT pm stepmill+Back and chest.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wow! You're one buff mama! :D Your face looks really familiar... maybe you just have one of "those" faces. Sounds like you're doing great, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
feb 7th

Weight 160.5#
Excellent energy level
Excellent mood :D

Cardio AM 30min. on elliptical; PM will be 30-40 min. HIIT session on treadmill.

No weight training today (other than reg. abs work), tonight the kids have after school activities, so I'll be doing the taxi. I will also do a couple housechores I didn't do last night. I'll bake an extra batch of muffins for the kids and some desserts for DH. I was thinking molasse cookies:D

Foods today

4egg white
1 oz cream of wheat

4oz chick
6oz carrot

6oz trout
1 c brown rice
1tbsp flax oil
2cup salad, tomato, mushroom
1ff sf jello

8egg white
1tbsp soy protien
2oz oat, splenda and cinammon (mix and cook in oven 20min 325degree)...make excellent bars....eat cold.

4oz deer meat
1C rice
some veg's

1 whey protien drink

Nath

1 - 20 of 55 Posts