Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the planning stages of redecorating the house (won't be back home until at least mid-March) and I want to use ONLY what I have. (exception, a small can of stain).

It is going to take a LOT of work both mental and physical but I am SO ready to make a BIG change around here!

Maybe you have things around your house that could use some sprucing up, or just a good wash and move to another room.

Who's in? Tell us what you can do to give you house (or room) a make-over for (close to) FREE!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm in for doing something! Do we have a timeframe here, cause I'm thinking March.

Just need to think about which room I am going to do, but I already know, it's going to involve using up some "oops" paints I bought a while back for $3-5 a gallon. :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no time frame -- just the challenge of actually DOING :D

I won't even be home until mid-March, so no rush on my end :lol:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
We are going to be doing this. We are transitioning the nursery back to the nursery after it served as a toddler room and briefly as a junk room before we found out I was PG again.

We basically have a everything except for the stuff that just plain wore out with DD. A broken lamp needs replacing, the diaper genie bit the dust, and the changing pad needs to be replaced. Other than that it's just a matter of bring it all down from the attic and setting it up.

·
19,119 Posts
think I am going to do some work around here next week - spring break!! Perchance all that it may involve is cleaning out and decluttering - an amazing concept.

Lady V - love your drawings - really focused!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i got four ethan allen (queen anne maple circa 1776) side chairs at the salvation army this week.

i have a bolt of royal/navy blue corduroy. today i want to learn how to either make a washble slipcover or to recover the seat. i need to buy or borrow a staple gun.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I am in the planning stages of redecorating the house (won't be back home until at least mid-March) and I want to use ONLY what I have. (exception, a small can of stain).

It is going to take a LOT of work both mental and physical but I am SO ready to make a BIG change around here!

Maybe you have things around your house that could use some sprucing up, or just a good wash and move to another room.

Who's in? Tell us what you can do to give you house (or room) a make-over for (close to) FREE!
i love your drawings!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
We basically have a everything except for the stuff that just plain wore out with DD. A broken lamp needs replacing, the diaper genie bit the dust, and the changing pad needs to be replaced. Other than that it's just a matter of bring it all down from the attic and setting it up.
I just wanted to add that the diaper genie and changing pad were both hand-me-downs originally and the lamp had been a gift. So the things that need replacing were no cost items in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts