Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took in a beautiful little chihuahua/doxie mix, smooth-coated, black, and she is VERY pregnant. The vet thinks four puppies.

I am open to name suggestions!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Awww, so much fun!! The only suggestion I have.....I am not great at naming pets....not creative enough.....but for the runt of the litter...'peanut!'. :D

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Well I just hope the Daddy wasn't a BIG dog!!!.....poor Mamma.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too!! I haven't done whelping yet, and she is a LITTLE dog! :(

I AM hoping daddy was something other than a chi, though, because the fuzzy puppies get adopted faster than smooth-coated ones!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Can't wait to hear what they look like and pictures please! I love puppies. :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Pics, we need pics. We need to see her cute lil face to come up with good names. :D

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the pic when I first got her home. She wouldn't come out of the carrier for a few hours. Now she is on her bed and a little less scared, but it is dark, so I can't get a better photo yet.

Attachments

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Those are cute. Macy or Lucy? I'll keep thinking. lol

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
My kids name all of our pets after beverages. DH and I do not drink, yet our kids have named most of our pets after beer, wine and whiskey. A few we have had

Shasta
Sanka
Fanta
Diamond (Diamond brand tea)
Max (Maxwell House)
Jim (Jim Beam)
MJ (Mini Jim Beam)
Jack (Jack Daniels)
Bud
Miller
Hunter Heinekin
Mocha (irony here is she is a solid white cat, not even close to being a mocha color)
Chiante (Key-on-tay - spoken with a strong southern accent)
Frannie (short for Frangelico)

Now, DS found a lost Yorkie-Poo last year. When no one claimed him we let DS keep him. He decided to break tradition and named this dainty little fellow WarHammer.

Lucky may be a good name for a male. After all , they are all lucky to have such a great foster mom.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Trixie. Scooter for one of the boy puppies.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Trixie was the name of my best friend growing up. She was a fabulous little beagle dog and the only other girl in the neighborhood. I even shared my popsicles with that dog.

I think one of the puppies needs a kick butt name. Like Zombieslayer. Or Killer. Or RinTinTin.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Miniature Doxies were breed to hunt small prey, so maybe a name that means hunter

Boys names meaning hunter

Esau ... was a skilled and adventurous hunter.

Grosvenor ... "Great hunter."

Hunt ... Perhaps originally a short form of Hunter or Huntington.

Hunter ... Occupational name. Journalist Hunter Thompson.

Huntington ... "Hunter's settlement."

Huntley ... "Meadow of the hunter."

Jaeger ... "Hunter."

Nimrod ... Biblical: Nimrod "the mighty hunter" in Genesis.

Orion ... Greek mythology: Orion was a mighty hunter.

Percy ... Persius possibly means "to penetrate the hedge" as reference to an effective hunter.

Rigel ... Rigel is the blue star of the first magnitude that marks the hunter's left foot.

Roe ... May have originated as an occupational name for a hunter or trapper of deer.

Tab ... Tab Hunter was a teen idol in the 1950s.

Theron ... "Hunter."

Todd ... The name possibly refers to a fox hunter.

Todhunter ... "Fox-hunter."

Wilder ... "Hunter."

Chihuahuas are fiercely loyal so maybe a name meaning loyal

Girls names

Faith ... "Loyalty; belief."

Fidelity ... "Loyalty."

Lela ... Also refers to "loyalty" in French.

Marianne ... Shakespeare gave the name Mariana to a woman noted for her loyalty in "Measure for Measure"

Boys names

Absalom ... was renowned for his handsome appearance and ability to win the loyalty and allegiance of others.

Campbell ... at one time controlled vast acres of the Scottish highlands and commanded the loyalty of thousands of men.

Jerome ... from the legend that he removed a thorn from the lion's pad and won the beast's lifelong loyalty

Reactions: madhen and Libby

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Have you considered doing litter 'theme'? Galaxy, Comet, Star, Moonbeam.....Pluto, Saturn, Venus, Mercury......Yen, Lira, Peso, Schilling..you get the picture. Good luck with your foster litter- you'vr got a lot of fun/worry/work ahead of you!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts