Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in bed since yesterday and it looks like I will be spending most of today there as well.

My gallstones are acting up. I dont know if there is something homeopathic I can do to relieve some of the pain. I don't dare go to the ER because if they take them out right now I will lose out on this summer's financial aid and that is what I am depending on to pay the bills til I go back to work.

I am pretty miserable, but just wish I knew a home remedy, do you?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sorry to hear you are hurting Robin. I wish I knew of a remedy to help you out, but I don't. I will say a prayer for you.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Robin, I'm so sorry you are feeling awful. I know it is very painful. :hugz:

When I took my dh to the ER, the nurse (male) said he had just had the same problem and to eat a complete NO FAT diet for a few days to give your gall bladder a rest. Lots of fruits and veggies. They do have non fat dairy items out there but they aren't too tasty. :( You can also have boiled, broiled or baked chicken or turkey (no skin), light tuna in water is pretty low in fat. And if you like fish you can have that too, just make sure it is one low in fat.

I hope you feel better soon. :smted:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks friends, there will be no firecracker menu for me. When dh gets home I am gonna send him to the store. I will try to go as close to fasting as possible and am goping to the healthfood store to look for these items, especially interested in the castor oil pack.

·
27,948 Posts
No advice Robin just well wishes. I'll be thinking of you.:heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh Robin...:hugz: I'm sorry to hear you are feeling miserable. Gallstones ar so painful! I hope what Carolyn suggested helps you alot. I drink hot water or Cammomille herb tea, when I have pain in my liver. I also put a heated bag, which I heat in microwave, on my stomach...here it's called a *magic bag*

I'll be praying for you.:heartsm: Try to rest. Take good care of yourself...:hugz:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope you feel better very soon best friend !!!!!!!!! I love you !!!!!!I hope you have something of a happy holiday !!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Robin, I am so sorry that you are feeling bad. I hope that you are feeling better soon. I am sending some healing :angel2: to watch over you. I am also sending some :hugz: for you and :chicken: soup (the non gallbladder irritating kind, LOL).

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Oh Robin I am so sorry you aren't feeling good, you've got some great advice. Take it easy and now, like Dylan, you can have people waiting on you!!!;) :smball: Saying a prayer for you!:angel:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah Yes...me :queen2: and Dylan :king3: King and Queen for a day...the hard way!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Robin, hope you feel better soon!!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I have been in bed and sleeping on and off the better part of the day. I did get up and go to the store to get hotdogs for the boys. I have cancelled any bbq plans. I am mad at my dh, he said he would be right back this morning:confused: :confused:

Now I have an incredible headache to top it all off. I have some Vicadin that they gave ds when he hurt his foot, dh says I should not take a pian killer that I wouldnt know if something bad happens. Well I am getting closer to taking something. I havent really eatne anuthing solid and I feel a little better. I am hungry tho, maybe some watermelon would be good. I will try that. What do you guys think about those pain pills? Bad idea?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
about the pain pills do a little internet researchl..and see what u can find on the pill and its side affects..do u have an ibuprofin..or can u take asprin..my mom swears by tylinol(sp) sorry.. or call the doctor when u can ..maybe they can prescribe something if this has happened before..

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I took one of DH's Vicodin once for a migrane and it made me higher than a kite. Of course, I've also knocked myself out with over-the-counter cold medicine-- I have strange reactions to drugs! :D

I think I'd try something you're familiar with before I'd test any new pills right now. Hope you're feeling better!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts