Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a good deal on a laptop that I will be purchasing in a couple of weeks. I am not sure where would be the best place online or offline to purchase one.

I was hoping someone has maybe bought one recently and can direct me to some good deals.

My budget is around $1000.00 I do know that I would like at least:

1 gig memory
80 gig hard drive
dvd-rw drive

Can someone help :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a Dell.. it's been a good laptop, BUT, I have to say I won't be getting another one, because it did have a problem and I was very displeased with their handling of the situation. I understood when I bought it that I may have to "Troubleshoot" but taking apart the entire back of the pc and spending 2 and 1/2 hours with them on the phone doing this was not my idea of troubleshooting. This went on for months and took a lot of fit throwing on my part to finally get an in home service call . Even that turned into a nightmare, as the person they got to fix it would say he was going to come every week for six weeks and never show up. I finally had to call Dell back and complain about that several times.

In a nutshell, they are great computers, but when I had a problem, their service absolutely sucked in my personal experience . Next time, I'll be getting one from a store that I can take it back to in person . My nephew got his from best buy and had problems and took it back. True, they kept it almost a week, but it was fixed, and he didnt' have to threaten and beg . LOL

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have an hP pavillion. It's OLD, and I don't even know if they still make the Pavillion line, but anyway, I've had several HP's in general & I've been very happy with them.

My mother also has an HP. My MIL has a Sony Vaio.....it's pretty fancy. :) She's never had any problems with hers. She's had it about a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts