Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH and I have planned a trip to Savannah, Georga next weekend. We will be riding the bikes up there with a group of about 20 others to stay the night, eat at a Pirates Themed Restaraunt, Go on a Ghost Tour and eat Pizza at Vinnie Van GoGo's. It's for 1 night....leaving here very early Sat. AM and coming back Sunday afternoon. I have the hotel room reserved...there is a 72 hr cancellation policy.

Here's the Issue:

Yesterday the motorcycle insurance bill came in the mail. We pay in 3 installments for the whole year. 1st installment due 9/28. I completely forgot this is the time of year the bill comes. :surprise:

I have the money...no problem....for either the trip or the insurance. Not both. I can pay 1/2 of the 1st installment on 9/28 and push the 2nd half till the end of Oct. Then we could go on the trip. Or not go on the trip and just pay the whole 1st installment and not go on the trip.

When I spoke with DH about it last night it got kinda heated becuase he told me why int he world would we have planned to go on the trip if we didn't have the money. I just forgot about the insurance at this time of year. DH seems disappointed but told me that it doesn't matter to him one way or the other if we go. Since he is not working we should pay the bill and not be spending right now.

I want to go but I also feel guilty about having this kind of fun while DH is in school and we have this bill. What to do? What to do? We would'nt be behind with the bike insurance....just would have to pay later instead of now.

I can cancel the room; just have to cancel by Tuesday next week.

Help!

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
IMO---I would feel guilty spending on a trip when the money could be spent on a bill.

Since this is causing friction in your relationship, I would pay the insurance and plan the trip for another time.

The trip sounds great (I love Savannah) but household harmony would be worth more to me at this time.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right Chocolate...DH and I talked today and we both decided that it's just not worth fighting over and the bill is much more important.

DH said that we could go on a short road trip next weekend...just he and I....maybe over to Tampa and back with lunch in there somewhere. So much more affordable for our wallets right now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You're right Chocolate...DH and I talked today and we both decided that it's just not worth fighting over and the bill is much more important.

DH said that we could go on a short road trip next weekend...just he and I....maybe over to Tampa and back with lunch in there somewhere. So much more affordable for our wallets right now.
Now that is what I call a fair agreement! Pay the bill, but still have some fun. Go Team!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I agree, business before pleasure.

I dealt with an issue similar--dh would buy me my camper NOW but I put on my big girl panties and said no, lets wait until the first of the year and RE-EVALUATE or situation.

..and I looovvveeeedddd that camper too!

As I stated before--sometimes it STINKS to be a GROWN UP!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dangit

Dang DONNA. i am sorry i wasnt reading the forum then, Your husband could of swung bye here and picked me up and took me to savannah and bought me pizza and got to ride on a motorcycle with a bunch of people and i would of paid the dang bill.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang DONNA. i am sorry i wasnt reading the forum then, Your husband could of swung bye here and picked me up and took me to savannah and bought me pizza and got to ride on a motorcycle with a bunch of people and i would of paid the dang bill.
:lol3: You just put a great big smile on my face Denny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts