Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on another thread i was reading was talking about a plan b... well I don't have one at all..I really hate it....one week without can knock us back a month or longer...this week is no work so no grocery budget glad that I have an ok stockpile.. but it is not going to be easy...

for years hubs has been very irresponsible with money.. Iwas the backup plan....we lived in public housing no water, garbabge, or sewage bill.. 30 days no income no rent, very small electric bill 150 max... we always made it financially but was mentally hell on my nerves...

grandma is also very irresponsible with money...

my plate is full already but idon't see anyother way I am going to have to go back to work.... I also want to make cash so the only way I can figure is to go into someones home and caretake on weekends.....This is going to be an extreme mental and physical hardship on me....

there is no way hubs or grandma will ever do better with money...

so I guess frugalness and me working is the back up plan..I don't want to work for someone I work hard enough here....God Help me

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
:hugz:

Do you have any items you can sell or are you crafty and could make items to sell?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not crafty... yes going through things now for a major yard sale....I am really bad to give stuff away..i need help with that..too soft hearted....already posted via facebooks jobs looking 4 work.....grr

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Hug button pressing the hug button for you

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have had decent luck selling items on craigslist.

I am not crafty either so I can relate :lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I feel for you but I have to say this why are you allowing your hubby and grandma to put you in this situation ? It seems to me that you need to be the one handling all the money if they cannot get on board than perhaps you need to make some serious changes I am not trying to be mean but if you dont you will be working till the day you die .

·
2,688 Posts
((( hugs )))

I am thinking you need to get all 3 people in your household on the same page. From what you have written about Gramma, it sounds like she may not be capable of managing her own money. With the economy the way it is, people have to be more careful how they spend their money and stick to budgets.

You are going to have to take pencil to paper for your budget. If for example, after bills, you only have $ 300 for groceries, then that is what you can spend. Going over your grocery budget amount, only puts another area of your budget into a bind.

I really don't see you working outside the home with your health issues. I used to work for a home health care agencey and one of the cases, I was assigned to was a 24/7 care, which meant if you had a 8 hr shift, you could just not leave when your 8 hrs were up. You had to stay till the next person came to take over. If that person was 4 hrs late, the person who was there had to stay put. No ands, ifs or buts.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is grandmas check.... Hubs has always been like this even though he makes it he pays bills....

I really don't know if my health will let me work either... But I don't have a choice..ugh

·
Registered
489 Posts
I feel for you but I have to say this why are you allowing your hubby and grandma to put you in this situation ? It seems to me that you need to be the one handling all the money if they cannot get on board than perhaps you need to make some serious changes I am not trying to be mean but if you dont you will be working till the day you die .
This. Bringing in additional income will not magically make them financially responsible.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
OM *hugs*hugs*hugs*

I hate to say it but I agree that you getting a job outside the home is not the answer. Especially b/c of your health. You need to get them both on board or as someone else has suggested, control the money regardless who brings it in. That is if you all want to continue living where you are currently. With you getting a PT job, they will then start to then see it as a means to spend that extra income coming in and relying on you to cover their overage landing you exactly where you are - stressed out, trying to think of a Plan B.

I totally see why you thought this would be ideal for your situation but you need the other two participants to work with you, not against you.

Sorry for being so blunt.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No u aren't blunt it is a fact..... caught between a rock and a hard place.. If i did work they would see it as me paying bills and them haveing spending money.....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So sorry....you need to have a sit down talk with both of them...what are they going to do if something happens to you? Sometimes people need to be hit over the head with facts...give them the facts and let them live with it....take care of yourself!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
No u aren't blunt it is a fact..... caught between a rock and a hard place.. If i did work they would see it as me paying bills and them haveing spending money.....
Can you lay down on the table what "your" money would go to?

For example: you pay electric, hubby pays natural gas, grandma pays cable tv (not that you have cable tv, just an example.

Then, if you pay electric you KNOW the lights wont be shut off. If hubby screws up it will be obvious to the other's he screwed up, it will be difficult but you cannot bail him out, saving everyone is exactly what they are used to you doing. Grandma screws up, well, no cable tv that month (or whatever she is responsible for)

I think the trick would be to stick to your guns on what you all agree are the bills your money is to cover. How are they spending the money? Can you give them a cash allowance and stick to your guns on that?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
grandmas money paid the rent, her 2 insurances, 50 Jews for Jesus, 50 to church for tornado damage,100 meds 230? for overdrawn checks....

we pay all the bills which were 1100 this month, groceries, all house needs, pets, gas, cigs grr, and her meds which she would cover if she wouldn't bounce.

I am tired of covering her meds and I am out of mine now..ran out today and no money to Friday.... grr

I( have forbid her to bounce a check this month...grr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts