Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being Who I am I tend to not need the A/c , use lights during the day or many appliances either , yet every summer i watch my electric skyrocket , I have heard that the electric company sometimes estimates you bill instead of actually coming out an looking at it . I am in an apartment right now (Saving for the house) and i want to know how to helpmyself and get them outhere to check th emeter instead of ewstimating , there is no reason my electric should jump to 2-300 a month when i use less electric in summer than i do in winter (I like it hot , i like eating outside , and am rarely even IN the house in the summer) In the winter I have a 58-60$ bill there is no reason my bill should jump to 300 in the summer. Can somone help me out here. I am a bit more worried and frustrated because it will only be cold for a lil while longer here in Austin and i do not look foward to paying 250 or more extra dollars.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow your bill jumps pretty high in the summer and you dont use AC? I would call them and first off ask them why? That might explain a little bit. If they say they estimate then they are doing it all wrong, tell them you no longer wish for them to estimate, I mean if they are and your normal bills are $58-60 a month in winter they are estimating SUPER HIGH!

I would be on the phone tomorrow and ask them the questions you asked us and address your concerns about this as well.

Good Luck and let us know what you find out :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will call them. I am just not an electric person at all i was raised to conserve every drop , I use candles and Books over everything else. *sighs*

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I would definatelly call the electric company. If you are not using more then you should not pay more, plus, when they do read the meter after estimating it then you should get credit and not have a bill for quite a while if that is the case. JMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts