Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a free place online that i can build my own "Site" not a site with boards and everything, but one I can use for my family members (across seas, and across country) to be able to go to to see how we're doing, what we're up to and so on, i could post pics, whatever. What is is I am looking for? Is it called a "blog"? Does anyone know what it is I am talking about (because to tell the truth, I haven't a clue) ?

I would like to be able to have some level of security...perhaps have to have it by invite only that people can access? Or something like that... I have a problem with a few family members...

I'd like to find a place where i could say, post pics, a family journal, have replies from mom or grandma, and so on. But i'd like it to be something that I can keep out the casual googler who might stumble onto it. and that I could hopefully keep out certain people in specific.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
A blog would probably be your best bet. The only thing I don't like about blogs is just ANYBODY can read them. Granted, they have to find it, but still.

I use LiveJournal.com Then I have my friends get a free acct so I can set my journal to be read by only those listed on my friends list. I can post pictures there (using photobucket to link them) as well as keep everyone updated on what is going on with me.

Another REALLY good one, better than LiveJournal actually is GreatestJournal.com it has a lot of free features that are only available with a paid membership at LiveJournal.com

·
Registered
445 Posts
MSN groups may work for you.
http://groups.msn.com/home
The FREE version has limited storage space.
For about $19.95a year, you get lots of storage for pictures. Then your family can email you pictures and you can upload them, that way only one person pays the yearly fee.
There are three levels of security.
highest is: only allowed by invite
medium: take requests and allow invites
low: open to public
(I think, that's how it goes)
I started a couple of groups this way.
One is for the town I used to live in and another is for our house building project. (I call it frugal house...ha) The same $19.95 works for storage on all MSN group sites. But, I originally started them for the, no cost plan...
If you'd like to see mine, send me a pm, and I'll send you an invite...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i got it! i put together a yahoo group, set it to invite only, and invited my brother, mom, aunts, uncles! By, George! I think i got it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts