Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two very large picture windows at the front of my house. I need some window treatment ideas for them. They are bedrooms, so I would like to keep some privacy, but I would also like to let some light in. I have a country style home and really like pulling the curtains back but can't with them being bedrooms! Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
How large is *large*? I'm a huge fan of 2" wood (or faux wood) blinds. Lots of light control and privacy, and you can add other treatments to soften them.

·
8,714 Posts
~I like to use cafe curtains but hang them 3/4 of the way up from the sill. I sew my curtains so they're long enough to hit the sill. This gives you privacy and the look of a transom/clestory window.~

·
Registered
723 Posts
How large is *large*? I'm a huge fan of 2" wood (or faux wood) blinds. Lots of light control and privacy, and you can add other treatments to soften them.
This is what we have on our windows all over our house. Also with the width they are they are easy to keep clean. I LOVE them and yes perfect for privacy when closed or wide open to let the :sun: shine in.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I love wood shutters for the inside. I don't know if they still make them. We had a country style house when we first got married and I decorated it in "country style". I now have a more modern look.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the idea of the white plantation blinds, also. I think they will probably be kind of expensive, but would last a long time.

One a cheaper note, why not have sheers or lace panels underneath tied back panels or drapes that you can close at night. You get the filtered sunlight during the day, but still some privacy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would choose sheer blinds, made of sheer fabric. I wish I knew what they were called. They are designed to let light in while remaining opaque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts