Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm in a bit of a rut, and need some frugal and easy to do ideas for graduation party favors. I know there's alot of crafty talent out there in FV land, so I'm hoping to get some thoughts from you gals!

Thanks so much for ANY leads!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Take a hershey bar and make a custom label for it. There are templates online for it or you could just go trial and error.

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can get frames at the dollar store and graduation hats or the year at a craft store. If you wanted you could put the school name inside the frame. This could be removed and replaced with a picture. You can make chocolate lollipops. They sell everything you need at ACMOORE or MICHAELS. You need sticks, molds and chocolate. Very easy. You can also buy lollipops that are graduation related-Oriental Trading. Another gift is pictures from the school year. If you have some from different events you could put them in a dollar photo album and all together it would be under two dollars. Oriental Trading also sells pens that you can have things printed on them. Check out their website. Another idea is getting cases or how ever many you need of soda and printing stickers on them that say can you believe we graduated with the date and year. It is fun and useful.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much ladies! I LOVE all those ideas. My closest craft store is Joann's. Looks like I might pay them a visit. Sometimes I see things I like, and manage to do a "copycat" version on the cheap. And I don't know why I didn't think of the $ store. I can do those frames in no time, and I'll see what I can do to make them "grad" style. Sounds like fun actually. :)

I'm also going to employ my hubby's computer skills, and see about those Hershey wrappers too. Nothing like doing things right from our desk! And try and find me a teen (or adult:)), who doesn't LOVE Hershey bars...lol!

Thanks again for taking the time to post! I'm inspired. :hurray:

Theresa :dishes:

·
19,119 Posts
We went to a graduation party last night. For favors there were little bags with candy and a small bottle of bubbles - biggest hit with the kids of all ages there - and everyone loved the candy too!!

Please let us know what you decide on!!

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I never gave out "favors" @ graduation parties (had 3) nor have I ever been to a party that did. Is this something new? I would never expect a favor....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never gave out "favors" @ graduation parties (had 3) nor have I ever been to a party that did. Is this something new? I would never expect a favor....
Nope....nothing new, and nothing expected. It's purely an individual choice. I just happen to enjoy making things like this, so....

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Just wondering - how old are the kids? This could help us determine things that are more suitable and age appropriate. Teens finishing high school may guffaw at bubbles but the younger group would prob love them. Chocolate is always a hit.

My idea: Bake everyone their own cookie (a large round would do or if you can find a cookie cutter that looks like an award ribbon cut out, that'd so rock!) and pipe icing on it with their year to make it look like an award? You wrap them up in cellophane bags. Skittles, M&M's, jelly beans - any small candy - in small clear bags tied up with ribbon that have the year on the would be fun too.

FYI - when I graduated high school our class gift was a beer glass with the schools name and our year on it. Let me just say that some of the parents were not impressed! (encouraging drinking etc b/c we were not of age by the time we were graduating)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wondering - how old are the kids? This could help us determine things that are more suitable and age appropriate. Teens finishing high school may guffaw at bubbles but the younger group would prob love them. Chocolate is always a hit.

My idea: Bake everyone their own cookie (a large round would do or if you can find a cookie cutter that looks like an award ribbon cut out, that'd so rock!) and pipe icing on it with their year to make it look like an award? You wrap them up in cellophane bags. Skittles, M&M's, jelly beans - any small candy - in small clear bags tied up with ribbon that have the year on the would be fun too.

FYI - when I graduated high school our class gift was a beer glass with the schools name and our year on it. Let me just say that some of the parents were not impressed! (encouraging drinking etc b/c we were not of age by the time we were graduating)
Yup, this is HS graduation. And I love the cookie idea. I might even make those just to "put out" on the dessert table....thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts