Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have nay idea on how to organize the toothbrushes and toothpaste that we are using day in and day out?

We can't attach things to the wall and have limited counter space near or pedestal sink.

Traditional toothbrush holders don't work as the toothbrush handles Especially on the kids toothbrushes are to thick to fit in the holes.

We tried the cup method but someone always seem to want to drink out of it and that seemed unsanitary.

We tried the kitchen utensil holder basically a big cup that was made out of wire original made to hold kitchen utensils. It rusted very fast.

Any ideas?

Reactions: MRoseB

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We also have a pedestal sink and just a small ledge between the sink and mirror to place our toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.. What I use is a square glass container I found in the candle/potpourri section of the store. It is just the right size to hold four toothbrushes and two tubes of toothpaste.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Someone makes bath storage things in plastic with suction cups to hold them to shower walls and mirrors. Those sound like a good option for you. I have seen various small baskets, hooks, and shelves.

Also look into those (3M?) hooks that you can stick on that have the pull-tab that releases them from the wall. Supposedly they are very strong and do not leave marks. You should be able to hang small baskets to hold toothbrushes and a tube of paste from one of those.

Reactions: imagine and kozzy

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I was going to suggest suction cups or those sticky things that hold but come right off when you want them to.

We have a bathroom counter and I bought one of those three drawer rubbermaid-type shelf things. It is about a foot high and I am guessing about 7 inches wide (going off memory, so I have no clue how big it really is). The drawers are just big enough for the guys to put in their toothpaste, toothbrush, deo, and their shot glass (used for flouride rinse and mouthwash). Could something like those shelves go under the sink at all?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
With limited counter, that is tough. They do have 'standing holders' but if the kids won't fit in the 'normal' one doubt that they would these either.

I have never had good luck with anything that has a suction cup.......including in the shower or even on a window. Got something to stick ONCE in a shower but if you ever move it - to clean or anything- they never stick again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Someone makes bath storage things in plastic with suction cups to hold them to shower walls and mirrors. Those sound like a good option for you. I have seen various small baskets, hooks, and shelves.

Also look into those (3M?) hooks that you can stick on that have the pull-tab that releases them from the wall. Supposedly they are very strong and do not leave marks. You should be able to hang small baskets to hold toothbrushes and a tube of paste from one of those.

Super suggestions!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
The 3M things are called 'Command' and they really, truly hold and do not leave a mark. They are in different sections of the store, specific bath ones with the bathroom stuff, etc. I had a HEAVY wooden pizza paddle on one for 5+ years, and when I took it down when we moved- no mark on the wall. Just READ THE DIRECTIONS first.

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
844 Posts
Can you buy thinner toothbrushes for the kids, so that they (the brushes) will fit in the normal container?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
How about a freestanding over-the-toilet storage shelf? It would give you shelf space and it does not need to be installed or attached to the walls.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Ideas everyone!

I guess I should update you all on the toothbrush situation.

I found a small plastic toothbrush holder that fits were we need it and has two big slots. Big enough to hold the kids toothbrushes the dentist gives them and adult toothbrushes as well.

I found it at a church garage sale -- price 25 cents.

There were actually two different kinds of toothbrush holders there that would have worked ( big enough holes) the one I finally decided on matched our bathroom perfectly. Plus the children are actually putting there toothbrushes back in it well as they have assigned slots.

The bathroom looks so pretty and organized with this matching toothbrush holder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts