Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter will be 1 on April 21 and I am planning her "party" the saturday before easter-the 19th. I am inviting his family and mine and that's all- I am new to all of this-First time mommy- and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for it? I was planning the cake thing and presents of course and a cookout-hopefully it won't be raining or sleeting! :angel:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
That sounds fine. Dd's 1st birthday was 1 month after Christmas. I just invited family over for cake and ice cream.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
great ideas!! don't go too overboard though, cause afterall at 1 year old they won't remember it!;) the party will mainly be for the guests.:) we are doing about the same thing for dd's party too in may. she will be 5 years old.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!! I just remembered one other concern-we haven't taken her to her 1 year checkup yet so I haven't got to ask the docter question's. She doesn't have any teeth- does that matter with the cake and the ice cream?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
as long as she doesn't have a problem with dairy(icecream) you don't need to worry about her eating icecream and cake. they are both soft foods. just make sure she doesn't cram it all in her face at once. even though they are soft, she can still choke if she shoves it all in at once.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice you guys! I mean girls :D I am so excited about her birthday-celebrating the happiest day of my life!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts