Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start watching a little girl for a couple of months the week after next. She is 2. What would you give her as lunches and snacks? I'm having a brain fart on what 2 yo should eat. I know nothing she can choke on. Any ideas on what to feed her? I think I'll get her some gerber graduate snacks but what should I get for lunch? Her mom said she doesn't care for tomato based things but will eat anything else.

·
Registered
580 Posts
For my 18-month old I pack some of these things in his lunch when he goes to the babysitter's house:

- whole wheat waffles (homemade) with almond/peanut butter on top
- chopped grapes
- bananas
- ravioli or tortellini with pesto sauce
- bread with any topping
- animal crackers for a desert/snack

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
No need for gerber graduate snacks. I watch some 18 month to 4 year old who eat table food. Whatever I make they eat. Soups ( with help of course) noodles ( no sauce) any veggies, fruits, even sandwichs, chicken, fish, mainly anything you are eating cut up small for them!

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
mac and cheese, apple slices, pizza bagels, any fresh veggies cut up, tuna on toast, Fish sticks, any pasta. carrot slices or curls

·
Registered
460 Posts
My son is 2. For lunch we have grilled cheese, spaghettios, leftovers from dinner, chicken noodle soup, fish sticks or chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, fruit canned or fresh, noodles with a can of diced tomatoes on them, ham or turkey sandwhich...

Sometimes I will buy a bag of those frozen ravioli, I can nuke 3-4 of them easily and he loves them without sauce. Same thing with chicken nuggets or fish sticks, since it is just him eating them, one bag or box will last for quite a while. I can take out a few and cook them up pretty quick.

I wouldn't waste money on the gerber snacks. Most of them are loaded with hf corn syrup and preservatives. Just cut up some fruit, grapes, bananas, apples, etc, pretzels, graham crackers, cheese cubes. Cheaper and healthier.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I wouldn't waste money on the gerber snacks. Most of them are loaded with hf corn syrup and preservatives. Just cut up some fruit, grapes, bananas, apples, etc, pretzels, graham crackers, cheese cubes. Cheaper and healthier.

I was going to say the same thing!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
2 year olds eat anything anyone else can eat.
my son was eating anything I did at 1.good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts