Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After making a cheesecake, my son had some ingredients left over that have been sitting in the freezer. There is graham cracker crumbs & cream....what can I do with these two ingredients? Ideas for using a combination of the 2 or other ideas to use in 2 separate recipies...maybe crackers...or custards?? I give up....I just need to use them up & get it out of my freezer.lol. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
If you have pudding, you could make a "cream pie". Use the graham cracker crumbs for crust, and whip the cream and add it to pre-made pudding to make a filling! Mmmmmm....sounds good!

Reactions: many houseapes

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
If there isn't enough for a whole pie you could make mini pies. I have a couple small pans, but I think they also sell the foil ones at the grocery store. Or you could try it in a muffin tin.

I don't think the graham crumbs will go bad... they could be used later for topping for another recipe. Leftover cream can go into lots of things, cream of vegetable soup, ranch dressing mix, coffee, sausage gravy, or just whip it and serve it over fresh berries.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You could make an apple (or any fruit) cobbler and use the crumbs toasted in butter as the topping. Then pour on simple heavy cream with a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla stirred in across the top when you serve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts