Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been so scared in my life, last thurs I was workong in the yard. I got light headed so went inside, to take it easy. The light headedness continued alittle through the evening.

At 5:00am I got up to make a bathroom run, I couldn't stand up. The room, me everything was spinning. I went back to bed and in the morning it ws even worse, then the vomiting started.

Got to the Drs. she ran blood tests, ekg pushed saline through my veins. My blood pressure is usually low, a high for me is 120 over 60. She took it at 191 over 86. After they rehydrated me it went down enough to send me home, going back tomorrow for another blood pressure check, rest of the tests.

Anyway she sent me home saying it is probably a virus. All the tests she took came out good. I'm suppose to watch for signs of stroke or heart attack.

I'm still light headed alittle, am scared to death to do anything so it doesnt come back as bad as it was.

Has anyone had anything like this? I'm looking for any kind of help, and maybe a prayer to get through this.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear that! I can't say I've experienced that before, but am relieved to hear you are under a doctor's care. Get lots of rest and I'll be praying that you are feeling better real soon! :cheerup:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
As silly as this sounds...and you always hear it whenever you come down with something...But there is a virus going around that sounds exactly what you have.

I had it a few weeks ago. It started out with lack of appetite, light headedness and spikes in BP (I could actually feel my pulse in my neck when it would spike). That lasted for about three days, then I came down with a cold, which ended up being bronchitis. But it started with lots of light headedness.

So maybe that is all it is. Just rest and drink lots of fluids and take your vitamins and hopefully it will go away!

Reactions: pinetree

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Those are the symtoms I get with Vertigo...usually in the srping. The first time it happened I was positive I had had a stroke!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
dh had that last summer and the dizzyness kept getting worse over the course of a few weeks...one day he was out on the golf course and called me and said i need to go to immediate care right away.... i went and got him and he kept getting more and more dizzy as we got there and when we arrived he could barely make it in the place...they took one look at him...had him lay down...took blood pressure and a few other little things and then ran to call an ambulance...they said he was having a heart attack....

so the ambulance came and got him and rushed him to er....(by now he WAS having a heart attack over the thought of having a heart attack)... the hospital started running all these tests and then said he did not have a heart attack.... but they have no idea why he had been getting dizzy like this for so long...they kept him overnight and ran all kinds of tests...sent him home next day ($10,000 dollars later...and we have only a 'catastophy insurance policy...deductible of course...$10,000) ugh....

so anyway...he was to make an appt with our family physician.... which he did....that dr could find no reason...scheduled an appt with ENT dr.... still didn't know why...(all the while he is still getting dizzy everyday-vertigo)...so now they have him on this vertigo (anti-dizzy) medicine.... and they also prescribed anxiety meds and all kinds of stuff (he was not having any anxiety)...they just doped him up and sent him home....

so the spells continued on for a few months ...he continued popping all these pills the whole time and then finally he said...enough! no more pills....stopped taking all the stuff...the vertigo went away as mysteriously as it came on and he hasn't had a spell in 6 months....

whatever it was...who knows ????

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I have this too. I have "spells" occasionally (a few times a year to every few years). I have MRIs, blood work, the whole shebang. they call it Begnin Positional Vertigo. A few weeks ago I went to bed, and I started spinning like I was on the teacup ride. I sat up, cause it freaked me out. When I did, I litereally fell over in bed. That was a few weeks ago. Now I just get a little dizzy when I lean over to write check, or cock my head to the side a bit.

In my case, allergies contribute to my dizziness, that and I always seem to be a walking sinus infection. so between my sinus infections, spring allergies....my inner ear takes a beating....

hope it gets better soon.

it's freaky, I know

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking it has to be something with blood pressure. I have vertigo, its nothing like that. This would not go away. I could not stand up at all, its like my balance was completely gone. Its like I was going to black out & never wake up. Almost like I wasn't getting blood to my head. It was really bad for over 12 hours.

Anyone have this kind of trouble with high blood presure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is a very scary thing to have happen to you. Its unknown right now as to what caused these problems as the lab work has not come back, however the dizzyness and the disorientation can be caused by dehydration which sounds like what you were experiencing. You need to make sure that you drink plenty of water. Also the high bloodpressure might be a cause of the dizzyness but Im not sure that that was the cause in this situation. There can be an iron difeciency present (can be taken care of by diet), dizzyness is often caused by a decrease in iron. I am a nurse and often hear about things like this happening especially since I live in arizona. This can be an indicator to more troubling things, and it is good that you are in thhe care of a physician to rule out those things. Just want to get a word out to you not to be too scared about this right now. I see it often enough usually related to the things I have mentioned.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
How are you doing now, pinetree? I hope you are feeling better now. :hugz: :well:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts