Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a dyer problem. I would love a line to hang clothes on but dh is... lets just say resistant!
The lining at the back of my dryer drum is gone. It got tangled up a few weeks ago in a load of laundry and the only way to get the laundry out was to take the lining with it.
Now it takes 2-4 cycles to dry clothes.
How do I replace that? I am googling it but most of what they have come up with are easy things, clean the lint tray, and venting.
DH says to just save and get a new dryer. However, if I can fix this one (its only 2.5 years old!) for cheap, I would rather do that! The liner is in great shape, not ripped or anything so i beleive if I can figure it out we can put it back, but no place shows me how! Not even my handy dandy appliance repair guides!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
What is it made of? I cant imagine what you are talking about, but if it is metal or a hard surface, can you drill small holes and screw it back in??

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm trying to think what it is too..... not much help here .....:(

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lisa, no it only had a 1 year warranty on it.
Robin and Lori, it is some kind of sewn material. No rips or tears so I have no clue how it was attached, but i am looking! I just do not want to take it apart until I have some kind of guide to go by!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts