Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll...lol

ok i have been working on stretching the foods i have not because i have to but because i want to

started out with chicken and came out with several meals

now i have a pot roast..wanted to know how to start out..

i would typically throw it in the cp with some onion mix, water, maybe some carrots and onions and potatoes...and it makes a meal..then hubby eats any leftovers on bread...but i wanted to know how i can stretch it..what options i have..

"no onions on hand or taters"

thanks

·
27,948 Posts
Beef roast? I'd just cook it however you like the first time then:
~I turn leftovers into beef stroganoff
~BBQ beef sandwiches by slicing thin, adding bbq sauce & serve on toasted buns.
~Beef & barley soup
~tacos, burritoes just slice and add a little taco seasoning
~beef pot pie ;)

Reactions: sahm2boys

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
You can also add flour to the broth to thicken it up and convert it to a beef stew.

Could also turn it into a veggie stew.

Shred the meet and turn into beef au jus.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Leftover bits added to Amish style egg noodles cooked in beef broth - beef and noodles. (Great, now I'm hungry :( )

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
beef tacos
bbq beef sandwiches (pulled beef)
beef enchiladas

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yum! What great ideas! But how about Philly Cheese steak heroes? Using leftover sliced roast beef is SOOO much better than using those yucky (& expensive), Steak-Ums. Sigh...Now I'm in the mood for them. :lol3: AND to think...I bought 2 roasts this week too! Perfect! :thumb:

Theresa :coffee3:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My mom always made hot roast beef sandwiches... two slices of bread with roast beef between served hot with mashed potatoes (made with the leftover potatoes or instant or both) and gravy (made with the juices in the bottom of crockpot) poured over all. Yummy!!

I also like to take the meat from roast (pork or beef), wrap in large tortilla shells with some diced onion and refried beans, put in 9x13 baking pan and cover with a couple of cans (or homemade) enchilada sauce and shredded cheese... and baked for about 30 minutes. What my hometown called wet burritos!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.