Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $18,000 left in debt which is so little compared to what we started with. It was close to $50,0000. I just feel like it's never going to end. I know it will and I am sure I should just tell myself to shut up and keep plowing away at it. I guess I am just tired of paying every extra penny to debt. Sorry you all had to hear me whine.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Whine away I know it's hard!
Just wanted to point out how far you have come and what a great job you have done!
This time of year has me in a funk and I know it's the Holidays and I want to say the heck with it!

·
Registered
895 Posts
ARC, would it be possible to create a small budget for entertaining yourself/giving yourself some extra? Please note that I don't know your actual situation and if this could be a solution or not, just trying to help you. Even if its a free thing, I would try to take some kind of break, whether it be a walk around the block or whatever. And don't think you are whining, I have the same feeling sometimes and Im not on a nearly as strict regime as you are. Everyone needs some cheering once in a while, it just makes you more human.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Your not whinning, just tired. I hit that wall a few times already and am sure to see it again before this is done, but that one day at a time and just plow through. You can do this......Hugs to you.

I started at $120,000 and still have $77,000 to go:(

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Maybe you could take a break and pay the minimum for a few months, just to get through the holidays. After the first of the year, start again.

I have a plan all laid out for our mess, but won't start until January 1st.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
well I started at over $275,00 and i didnt even get to spend that! $100,000 was DH's share of his accident. So for 7 years we been in paydown while funding some college and not let the house fall down around us.

So I agree this year I allowed $50-75. play money per 2 weeks and invested in park passes and gave DH a $200. club membership to the gun club. You have to play alittle or you'll get bored or resentful. That can lead to quitting. So close. Just hang on. Will you be debt free in a year or so?
I expect we will be a 1 1/2 years to 2 years after some repairs.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Do you know how much I complained while we were paying off our debt years back? A LOT!!! You have done so awesome! It might be silly but I made huge paper chains and cut off a loop for every $100 paid off. I was motivated seeing the chain shrink around the room.

Keep plugging away! You can do it!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ARCMOMMY, Keep going you are doing great. Just by reading your messages and how much you paid so far is such a great motivation for me. You are an inspiration.
I agree with Ayanka and Frugalwarrior. Treat yourself, play a little. Have a pedicure/manicure or eyebrow waxing...anything. You will feel great. I discovered the mall in my area has massages for less than 30 bucks, when i reach that point, i will be going there.

YOU CAN DO IT

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
To whine is normal...I did it alot as I was paying down/off my debt. I found listening to the DR shows helped and doing lots of journaling of my feelings.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I think you're doing great! Sometimes we just need to have "a moment", like a toddler's tantrum and then we feel better and can move on.

One of the things I've found when I'm working on the bigger amounts whether, it's paying down or saving, is to challenge myself to a time frame I can live with for a specific amount. Currently the morg. is my #1 goal. I have what I would have liked to have gotten paid off this year in my siggy. Life didn't go that way though. I definetly got more paid off by focusing on it though than if I wouldn't have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts