Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Social Security office sent me some more forms to fill out today,and my phone interview is scheduled for the 29th. I can't remember dates,names etc.(part of why I am filing is memory related) It is really stressing me out. I don't want to fight these people for years,and I know it's going to happen. I haven't seen a Dr. since we moved here,and I'm sure that will hurt me too. My old dr. is wonderful and encouraged me to apply,but he hasn't seen me for months! :bang: Why does it have to be sooooo hard to do??????
Ok,now I am done whining,but if I have seemed distant,it's because I've been so distracted and depressed. I will do my best to "snap out of it" as soon as possible!
Thanks for letting me cry on all of your shoulders. I hate being foggy and:confused:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
:hugz: Sweetie! I am sorry you have to deal with all that stuff. It took a while to get Grandma-in-law set up. :( Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I feel for you, anything like this can be a long hard process.

I hope it's a long time before I have to go on disability.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am sorry that you are going through this hard time. I hope everything works out for you. Feel free to come here and vent anytime, that is what friends are for. :) We are here for you.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Oh man I know how hard it is to deal with them. I've been through it and my mother has...it does take a long time and can be a lot of hassle..

Hang in there and just know that you are doing the best you can :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Praying that everything works out quickly for you. And...vent away.... we all need to do that sometimes (I did the other day).:)

:hug2:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I hope everything goes well for you. Just a little tip for you. If you don't already do it, it would be a good idea to get a notebook or datebook and write everything down. My SIL has a problem with her short term memory. She carries a datebook everywhere and writes everything down so that she won't forget it. She calls it her second bible. She still forgets things and we find ourselves repeating things, but the important stuff she remembers because she writes everything down. It works for her.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:) Thanks everyone! That notebook idea sounds great!(If I don't forget where I put it!:D ) On a happier note,I think DH understands that I am stressed. He took everyone out of the house today,so I could have a much needed people break. I am ALL alone.....:dancing:
I finally got most of the paperwork done on my application,so I feel a little better. Thank you again!!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Good luck! I know it took us a long time to get my FIL set up, too. The notebook sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Gemm, I just did all this on the 21st of June. It took me a week to fill out the papers. I can't remember stuff either so it was very challenging. I dug out old doctor bills and lab results to be able to find doctors names and approximate dates of service. I had my interview and it was very easy. The lady was so nice and understanding.

I just got another call yesterday from them that they needed more specific dates of services. Seems they can't just ask for all of your records. I would suggest calling all your old docs and asking the receptionist to give you the date you started going there and when you stopped and also maybe the dates when your doctor diagnosed specific stuff. I think it would have helped me.

Also the lady told me yesterday that she is now sending me a form to complete to list how my diagnosis affects my daily activities. I understand it is also about 6 pages long.

Take your time but make sure you get the stuff post marked by the deadline dates. I know it puts more pressure on us but it's got to be done. Please know I am thinking of you and praying that all goes well for you.:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dolphin for your advice. I have my release forms for all the Dr. and clinics,and this 6 page sheet about how it affected my work,etc. I guess I will just take one step at a time.
I'm so glad you are all here to hold my hand.:hug2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts