Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.... I am in the middle of sewing my shower curtain and I noticed that the fabric has some small holes in it.
I am a prim/country decorator and I like things a little woren . The fabric is a grey ticking . I can work around the holes but it would mean putting in an extra seam. Should I leave it and consider it part of the look or do you think people will just think I have a hole in my shower curtain??

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I think it depends on the size of the hole.

My personal opinion: if it's bigger than a dime or a nickel, fix it - otherwise, it adds "character". :)

(the hole on the size of the piece of fabric too depends... a quarter sized hole on a king size bed spread might not be as noticealbe as a dime sized hole on a kitchen placemat.)

:cents:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are tiny. Three holes, the size of a pea. It looks like something pierced the entire bolt of fabric.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Would patches look weird on it? Otherwise--they're small, I'd leave it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
as long as they're not all clustered in the same area... i'd leave it alone.

besides, on grey ticking, it'll add a some personality, IMO.

and even if they are all clustered together, you could always just add some embroidery to "cover up" and add colour, dimension, etc.

I don't mind a few holes or whatever in many of my things. I live in a suburb, but have "country" ways... and as long as whatever it is still has life left in it, I just appreciate the holes, small tears even more... shows me it's worked as hard as i have! :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay girls, Im gonna leave em. Im finishing it right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I say leave em, I mean we all know prim is tattered and torn looking items so this might just add to the look, plus... if they are tiny they probably wont be that noticable, I would think.

Let us know how things go! :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Just in case your having second thoughts I'd leave the holes. It adds character plus if someone says something you'll know whos looking too closely at your home.

Laurie in Bradenton

1 - 8 of 8 Posts