Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends is putting together a playgroup/ladies get together with the possibility of devotions/bible study along with it. It is on Thursday. Everyone is supposed to bring lunch/picky type things. I was thinking finger sandwiches-egg salad, chicken salad, etc. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The finger sandwiches are always a hit. You can also try some appetizers/dips. Mexican dip, seven layer dip, spiniach/artichoke dip (yummy), etc. Or you could make a vegetable or fruit tray with some cheeses on it.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, a nice veggie tray with some different cheeses on it, maybe a nice tray of crackers and a few sliced meets.

What a fun thing to do - hope it works out for your friend.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I make a great Pepperoni Dip in the crockpot. You serve it with Ritz. Its yummy!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Sherry...pass that recipe on this way!! :D :D It does sound good!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Crockpot Pepperoni Dip

2 cans Cream of Celery soup
2 pkgs Cream Cheese
1 pkg Pepperoni (I cut mine in half or quarters so they stay on your crackers better)

Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low until orange in color. Serve with Ritz.

Doesn't sound like much, but it is YUMMY! And easy to make too.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Thanks...this sounds so good!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Danielle, The veggie platter sounds great. what about lady fingers?
Here's what I do this desert is really nice and most everyone enjoys it.

2 pkg lady fingers split
4 kiwi peeled sliced
1 qt. fresh strawberries sliced/hulled
3 bananas peeled
1 can (small) crushed pineapple drained
1 tub fat free cool whip

Place lady fingers in standing position around crystal or glass serving bowl.
toss fruit with whipped topping all except strawberries.
layer mixed fruit and strawberries, and a few lady fingers.
when finished use remaining strawberries for garnish. Refridgerate for 3-4 hours before serving.

It makes a great summertime desert that's not real fattening and refreshing. We sometimes add blueberries and omit the pineapple. you can be very creative with this recipe.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Here's another one that is much easier and perhaps less expensive.

Lady Fingers with Lemon Curd

1 package Italian ladyfingers
1 jar lemon curd
sliced berries or other fruits

Place 1-3 ladyfingers on a plate.
Spread with lemon curd.
Pile on desired amount of berries.
Serve.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
With fresh veggies and fruit on its way, I'll suggest something as simple as fresh tomatoes, cukes, carrots, etc. and just a simple dip on the side. If they are really fresh, I don't even care to have the dip. I am happy with a little salt.... Same goes for melon, etc.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i once went to a gathering where a lady had veggies and dip..we all said how good the dip was and asked her how she made it ..well it was stonyfield rasberry yogert..can u believe it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts