Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup... NEEDED to... but luckily I only used cash and I didn't have very much in my pocket to begin with.

My day started as usual, getting DF and DD to where they needed to be, then went to WalMart... on my way home from Wally, my cell rings, and I pull over.

DF is having a bad day at work... his boss left a rather harsh note for him and basically told him that if anything goes wrong at work today, it will be VERY bad news for HIM... he's NOT the manager of his dept. so why does HE have to take the fall if a co-worker messes up??

Back on the road... I realized I wasn't heading home, I was going to the mall in Nashua. (I spent a lot of time there when the ex-h and I were getting close to ending things... my comfort zone... the mall)

I resisted the urge to splurge and instead went to the Dollar Tree... I had wanted to go there to get some workbooks for DD... and to buy her a hula-hoop.

As I was walking out of the Dollar Tree it was as if I was pulled in to JoAnne's next door. I usually NEVER shop there... too far, too expensive. Going with the flow, I walked in and ended up just walking around and hidden in the corner of the back of the store was a clearance rack *perk*. I found a crochet hook, 2 sets of knitting needles and a circular knit needle... 50 cents each!!!

Total for days shopping was under $10, I didn't buy anything I wasn't going to get this month anyways.

DD has to go to the dentist today to get a tooth extracted, figures it has to be the one we just got filled... apparently there is an abscess under the tooth and since it is a baby tooth, the dentist thinks it would be beneficial to remove the tooth because antibiotics didn't help at all in shrinking it.

The Tooth Fairy has to give her something extra special because the other teeth fell out on their own, this one isn't even lose. Those teeth are worth more. I am going to write a letter, rub some glitter-gloss on it (fairy dust) and tie the note to the hula-hoop. (Okay, the tooth fairy got off cheap because she was giving $1 per tooth and that's what I paid for the hula-hoop... but, DD doesn't know that.)

It's snowing, going to snow a few more inches, all around blah sort of day. DF called again... he just found out he won't be getting paid for Sunday. It's his normal day on, but because it's Easter, the store will be closed, so, not only will we be a day short come check time... we will be short 8 hours at time and a half....

I am just going to grab my knitting and keep myself busy because I can't drive and knit at the same time.... told you... just been one of those days.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sorry things are not going well for your BF, I sure hope things start looking up and relax, we are here if you need us. :hugz:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Lady V sorry it a groaner of a day. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I work by a JoAnn's and I score on the clearance area often. Best score to date was the kits for two sided fleece blankets that you cut the fringe and then tie a knot in the fringe. I didn't explain that well, but the kits were only $5 for about 3 yds of fleece. I bought 12 kits. Made lots of blankets for christmas gifts and used the fabric from a couple of kits to make blanketsleepers for oldest GD. But you really scored on knitting needles!! WTG!!!!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Wow, it did sound like one of those days. Hope things go better at DF work. You didn't spend much and maybe that urge to spend is gone! Hope tomorrow is better.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Not sure if you want to make waves or not where the df's job is concerned but if he's an hourly worker, I *think* he has to be paid overtime on holidays....Might want to check into that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts