Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was rear ended tonight on his way home from work by a girl who was texting. His vehicle is totalled, his equipment was destroyed, and he initially didn't think he was badly hurt. Just need prayer that he and the others are not hurt and that he finds another vehicle quickly. Thanks.......

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hi forHisglory,

I just came back a little while ago and so nice to "see" you again, but sorry to see your needing prayer post.I am so sorry that happened to your son. Will be praying for your son and everyone tonight. Sending blessings to you all this evening.

Hope everything else in your life has been good for you and yours.

G-d Bless you ,

Angel

Reactions: forHISglory

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Saying a prayer for him.

·
19,119 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this senseless accident. Prayers, hugs and aloha to all involved. Please have him checked out if he has any signs of late showing injuries and keep us informed.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
fHg- I will be praying.

·
Registered
154 Posts
FHg, I will be praying for your son. I'm glad to hear that he was not seriously injured. I will also be praying that the other person may have had a little sense knocked into her.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Prayers going out to all of you

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
My son was rear ended tonight on his way home from work by a girl who was texting. His vehicle is totalled, his equipment was destroyed, and he initially didn't think he was badly hurt. Just need prayer that he and the others are not hurt and that he finds another vehicle quickly. Thanks.......
I'm not a praying man, but your son has my best wishes for a healthy outcome, and my strongest urging to get a good lawyer and not agree to ANY settlements w/o said lawyers agreement.

Rear-ending can cause soft-tissue injuries which can linger for years.

You need a pitbull of an attorney to make sure this girl's insurance company doesn't short change your son for her negligence.

Is texting while driving illegal in your state? Are charges being filed?

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this senseless accident.
On the contrary - the accident makes perfect sense. The girl was negligent. I'd call it a criminal accident m'self. (Negligent driving is a crime - we don't really *need* anti-texting laws but there we are...)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all. I'm not sure about the texting laws here. We moved to this state last fall, and honestly, I just never paid attention to this. We are most grateful that no one was killed or seriously harmed, but frustrated that his tools and car were destroyed. Cheap reliable cars are difficult to find, but we know God is able to provide.

·
27,948 Posts
Scary stuff indeed. Hope he has no health problems from this, like Greebo said, they can sneak up on you at a later date so talking to a lawyer & covering yourself is a good plan.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Thank you all. I'm not sure about the texting laws here. We moved to this state last fall, and honestly, I just never paid attention to this. We are most grateful that no one was killed or seriously harmed, but frustrated that his tools and car were destroyed. Cheap reliable cars are difficult to find, but we know God is able to provide.
You *have* already contacted his/your insurance company, right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.