Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems several of us are avid Netflix watchers. I am. I love movies (esp. horror). I thought an ongoing thread to help us find good movies and ones not worth watching would be fun and helpful.
Anyone interested?
:teddy2:

I watched Case 39 starring Renee Zellweger last nite. Loved it. It is a horror movie. I'm surprised - she did a pretty good job. It has Rene as a social worker who takes in an "abused" child, Lilly. Well.... she's a creepy little kid!! Had a great time watching. If you like scary movies, I think you will like this one.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Netflix has a rating system that includes reviews. I have found them very helpful. They also have a "if you liked this movie you might also like:" system to find similar films.

I don't enjoy horror movies, and I doubt my eclectic tastes would appeal to you, but the ratings systems on their website will probably be useful for you.

Reactions: jacqueline

·
Registered
212 Posts
It seems several of us are avid Netflix watchers. I am. I love movies (esp. horror). I thought an ongoing thread to help us find good movies and ones not worth watching would be fun and helpful.
Anyone interested?
:teddy2:

I watched Case 39 starring Renee Zellweger last nite. Loved it. It is a horror movie. I'm surprised - she did a pretty good job. It has Rene as a social worker who takes in an "abused" child, Lilly. Well.... she's a creepy little kid!! Had a great time watching. If you like scary movies, I think you will like this one.
I watched this tuesday night and really didn't like it, found it slow to start and not a great story. But I don't love scary movies! Lol bf liked it!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Not a Netflix user, but it you like scary movies, I am there with you. :)

I like "The Road" a lot. It is a futuristic movie, more realistic scary than monster-scary, but a great flick!!

I haven't found any newer horror flicks that really excited me. My favourites are still older movies: 28 Days Later, Prince of Darkness, and Hostel rank up there among the movies that really stayed with me.

I also thought "Seven" was EXCELLENT - more of a thriller than a horror movie, though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am very spoiled with my netflix. glad to find a kindred soul madhen. i also love seven and do think it is horror. the scene with the "skeleton man" in the bed sure made me jump.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My favorite horror movie of all time is The Shinning. I am going to check out some of these titles, thank you all for the suggestions.

I love Netfilx too! And horror/suspense films. I watched Misery today.

Has anyone seen The Strangers? I loved that one.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't watched The Strangers either but have wanted to ever since seeing a review. I'm really hoping Netflix decides to put up a bunch more horror movies the closer we get to the end of the month. I'm going to restart my Amazon Prime which offers free instant movies also along with the free 2 day shipping.
If you have a Roku box, I watched some movies on "Crackle" which is a free channel on there. You just have to watch commercials a few times during the movie.

Reactions: ravenmaniac

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Whoa, I watched Case 39. It was a good movie. What made it better, Bradley Cooper is in it.

Seriously though, that little girl is a brat.

As Halloween gets closer I will be watching the old school classics like Halloween 1 and 2.

Anyone watch American Horror Story on FX?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I like Netflix a lot and dropped the dvd portion when the price increased. I love documentaries. I just got finished watching Jericho per recommendation of a FV poster. I was hooked!!!!
I love survival, emergency preparedness and save the earth type of movies. Has anyone watched Blue Gold????

Reactions: ravenmaniac

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No, what is Blue Gold?

My son and his friends are recommending The Walking Dead. They said the story is very good.

Has anyone watched America:The Story of Us and John Adams? Both are excellent.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
raven, i do that too every year on halloween. watch classics i mean. the exorcist, halloween (the original), friday the 13th are some of my faves.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts