Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We haven't had a Nevada checkin for a long time, lol, years. I believe there are several of us on this board now.

I completely understand annonimity so the town is not necessary unless you want to give it out.

Something about where I live:
I'm in Pahrump. I've lived here 9 years. I have to drive into Las Vegas to get Medical Care. It is also the closest craft store, I've been to Michaels one time and Joanns one time, lol. We finally have a dentist and some MD's but just got a hospital and there is no surgical team there yet. We did finally get a Walmart and Family Dollar!

What I do:

I used to work in the secretarial/executive assistant field and have some college education. I worked for government, hospital, and individual owner companies. Now I stay at home and wonder how I ever 'did it all'.

What I like about the desert:

I like the blue skies that seam to go on forever. I love the sunrises and sunsets. I like the fall and winter and spring. I enjoy sitting outside in the evening when it is 9:00 at night and 75 degrees!

What I dislike about the desert or where I live:

I hate July, and August, LOL! Too darn hot to even peek outside. Can't believe dh and ds work out in it! 115 degrees at 5:00 pm is just suffocating! I hate the April and May winds! How many times does a normal person have to replace roof shingles? Seems like every few weeks here!

Next, :wave:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi Dolphin,

I'm in Northern Nevada, but it's still desert-ish. I was in Pahrump for the holidays. Very nice.

Something about where I live:

I'm in the valley below Lake Tahoe. It's really pretty. Lots of old family dairy farms, but also lots of "city" coming close. Right now we have at least a foot of snow on the ground. It's so beautiful, but Burr!

What I do:

I work at a seed "farm". We collect native grown seeds (shrubs, grasses & wildflowers) and sell to contractors for reclamation, homeowners (mostly pasture & wildflower blends) and the BLM/Forest Service after fires. It is by far my ideal job! Only problem is our office is an old concrete "milk" room. Right now it's about 40 degrees and that's with the wood stove roaring!

What I like about the desert:

What I like about here is we get 4 distinct seasons. I grew up in So California and we just had "brown" and "green" seasons. LOL.

What I dislike about the desert or where I live:

Here we get winds almost constantly! I joke that the only thing the weather man can predict here is the wind!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts