Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today we added to our family a 4 month old holland lop bunny - his name is twixx because he has all the colors of a twixx candy bar LOL

kids have been sad since mr flopsy died in december - bit i have been watching rescues and ads for a new one and when i saw him i knew he was the one :)
his is very friendly likes to cuddle and play .

·
4,028 Posts
That is adorable all over! Congratulations and thank you for taking a rescue into your family!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Very Cute.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
How very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we actually didnt end up with getting him from a rescue - but we were looking at them too -

one wouldnt adopt to us because we wouldnt let them come and go thru our house - but i didnt want to go thru a pet store and promote them breeding them just to sell them at the prices they do ( plus they tend to not always be real healthy and they lie about what breeds they really are ,)

found a breeder who was doing minimal breeding of this breed ( which i couldnt find in any shelters / rescues )
anyway they had very clean area - careful medical records - several that were actually pets and were neutered and 2 they bred -gave me references to a vet to have it neutered at - etc

sad to say at some of the rescues around here you get treated like you are a criminal and have to prove otherwise to adopt their pets . I can understand background info and vet info etc but my job info ?? and really i am not into letting strangers wander thru my home -
we have had bunnies before we know whats dangerous for them wires etc.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone - he is settling in well and is very sweet :)
just hope to get him litter trained in the next few weeks :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts