Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am a mid-west living, married, full-time-employed mom of two. My husband and I are (re)committing to frugal living and budgeting in an effort to pay down our debts.

We have a pretty nice monthly income and yet we manage to eat all of it up, living beyond our means. We don't have credit card debt, but we have a car payment, MASSIVE student loans, some medical bills, and our mortgage. We're very much minimalists when it comes to goods... "stuff" isn't our thing... but we like projects, home improvements, and our hobbies. And travel. Too much travel.

As we funnel money to our debts and cut out unnecessary spending, we're also focusing on general frugality- where can we cut costs on the essentials? What changes can we make? What does this new lifestyle look like?

I can't wait to read, read, read, and absorb as much helpful information as I possibly can!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome! What kind of hobbies, if I may ask? (quilter here)
I enjoy quilting, too! I am a NOVICE, but started to self-teach and sew a bit back in 2010. I make things for my kiddos (clothes, dress up and imaginary play "stuff"), items for my classroom, gifts, etc. Most of the time my inexperience means my projects cost WAY more than they need to, so it's not something I do with much frequency anymore. It happens in spurts. I also like general crafting, my husband likes home improvement projects and working out in the yard. We also like outdoors things- fishing, biking, hiking, etc.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Hi and welcome! Glad you've joined us at the Village!

Are you a teacher? You mentioned your classroom. I'm a retired teacher with 36+ years, and I understand buying/making stuff for the classroom. :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Welcome to the Village! Been reading your posts.:welcome2:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Welcome to FV! You'll find TONS of useful information here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts