Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I will soon be hitting my fortieth and am looking to treat myself for a change. I would love to get a Janome 6500P memory craft machine. Yes, it ain't cheap, but the list of features is as long as my arm!! There's no much it can't do.

;)

I plan to go and test it out at my local dealer, but would love to hear some first hand reports from you guys before I go - forewarned is forearmed...

Thanks
Edith

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have 2 Janome's. One of them is the 6500...could be the P but it doesn't say it on the machine. I LOVE it! I only quilt and use a lot of the "crazy" stitches on my scrap quilts. I've had it for over 12 months and have not had issues with it. I really like the knee lever, the auto cut of the thread, and the gazillion of stitches to choose from. Good luck with your trial at the dealers - if your current machine is a lot older model like my other machine - you will fall in love with the 6500P!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooh! thanks for the quick reply. A few more responses like that and I will be the proud owner of one of these impressive beasts!!

I have 2 Janome's. One of them is the 6500...could be the P but it doesn't say it on the machine. I LOVE it! I only quilt and use a lot of the "crazy" stitches on my scrap quilts. I've had it for over 12 months and have not had issues with it. I really like the knee lever, the auto cut of the thread, and the gazillion of stitches to choose from. Good luck with your trial at the dealers - if your current machine is a lot older model like my other machine - you will fall in love with the 6500P!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have the Janome 6500P also and I love it too. I use it for quilting and general sewing. I have a smaller Janome that I take to quilting classes but I leave the big machine at home. I bought mine new (not refurbished) at Overstock.com when the price dipped to $899 briefly about 4 years ago. I see that Amazon and Overstock charge $1499 now. Ouch.

I would certainly buy it again, it is a good machine.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I'm not familiar with Jamone but I've heard good things. Is that an embroidery machine?

If you aren't stuck on that brand and don't need an embroidery machine, you may want to take a peek at a Viking Tribute 140C. I just bought one and love it. They started out at about $2,100 and are now being closed out at $1,000 because it's a limited edition and the promotion is ending. Mine is replacing my 1986 Viking 990. It's a quilting machine with a ton of stitches and a lot of really nice features.

Have fun looking for your new machine! Congrats in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so it seems pretty clear that those who have the 6500P are in love with it.
Can't really get a better recommendation than that, I'd say!

Thanks for taking the time to respond and share thoughts.

:)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Everyone I know that has any kind of Janome likes it............and that brand will be my next one, I think. Haven't heard any complaints.........

ENJOY!! And..............HAPPY BIRTHDAY...........early I guess........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts