Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big Victorian house DH and I are looking at has an EXCELLENT possibility of becoming our new home!!

It appraised for 48,000!!!! They are asking 49,900 which means we won't have the same problem as we did he last time!

DH wants to talk them down to around 45,000. Now here's the fun part...giggle...the realitor called today and asked if we had gotten the appraisal back. We are doing things a bit different from the norm.

We got the appraisal before we do the paper work for the loan. Why? Because we didn't want to be disappointed if the house wasn't valued as high as the asking price. DH is going to call tomorrow and make an appointment. Then we'll negotiate!

Why am I laughing because she called? That tells me she still hasn't been able to get a serious buyer hooked! She keeps telling us that they are "motivated" sellers. Sounds to me like she REALLY wants to get this house off her hands!

Send up prayers, ladies, please!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Saying a prayer for you now Graci !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Prayers are being said!! Graci, I wish you so much luck on getting this house!! Let us know how it goes and then all about the house!!!:smball:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
It sounds like a great house. I so hope you get it. I will say a prayer. :hugz:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Good Luck!:D

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Ooh Good Luck! I am sending prayers! It is my dream to live in an old victorian! Does the real estate agent have a website with pictures on it? I would love to see!

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like your having a little fun with the real estate game.
Wishing you get the beautiful blue house on the corner with a nice porch for sitting and a yard that can't wait for you to plant some flowers. At the price you want to pay of course.
Can't wait to hear you've got it!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Good Luck Graci! :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Good Luck Graci, It is your turn for a turn of good luck, praying for you.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you ladies! I've got a realllllly good feeling!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Graci. It is a wonderful house. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Saying a Prayer for you and for your DH as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts