Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They changed our elec meter to electronically read instead of the meter reader. Our bill is lower than it has ever been in the 10yrs we have lived here. It is 1/4 of what it was this time last yr. Happy dance.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I am waiting for my first bill since they installed my new electronic meter on February 28th. This bill will be half old meter and half new meter.

Here in Houston they are having to pull a bunch of the new meters because they were reading wrong. More people are complaining about their bill going up, but are being told tough, you have been getting a deal in the past.

I have been keeping VERY close track of my electricity usage for the last couple of years. So I will know pretty soon whether my new meter is a good thing or a bad thing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure that the bill is for a month and not part of a month.
That was one of the things I was worried about but my mom and dh said not to say anything. Even if next month is 1.5 months on 1 bill it should still work out. Dh paid off his truck this month so extra for next month. He also had buy something fever which took up what we saved on the elec this month.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Our company just changed our meter too. The new meter was read today so the bill may not reflect any changes yet. I hope that it will go down. We are already living in the dark. Yesterday I was hanging out laundry wearing snow boots. The Aprils Fools Day storm gave us a new foot of snow. Oh well, the laundry dried in no time with all the wind.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got this month's bill in and it is 1/2 what it was this time last yr. It is for 30 days. So that would be a full month. With auto gas going up we are not saveing anything but it is better that it could be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.