Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on offer one sister in law who is constantly complaining that she is lonely because she has no one and is therefore drinking herself into oblivion each time she gets the chance.
She divorced her husband 30 years ago and went into a relationship with a married man who would 'leave his wife when the kids were older and could handle it'.
Sister in law is now alone and the guy's kids have left home and the guy and his wife are still together. Sister in law thinks that drink will help her situation together with telling anyone who will listen that she has had bad breaks in life.
(Btw her kids are going the same way!!)

Also on offer is brother in law (you know the one - used to be married to psycho).
He has to pay alimony for 2 kids from the first marriage and 1 kid from 3 rd marriage (psycho kid).

The reason why I want to trade now is because we have been asked (by above mentioned sister) to step in and financially help the brother because he (STUPID STUPID STUPID) co-signed for a kids' clothing store for psycho and it went belly-up within 6 months and he is being hunted for the bills since she has nothing and he has a house and a job.
He is now waiting in line for an agency which helps with debt management/bankruptcy (again) but because there are so many folks in the same bad financial boat it is taking a long time for his 'turn' and in the meantime would we help out?

Any offers???

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'll take her! Here's what you get in trade - my sister who has 17 assorted dogs and cats in her suburban house. BUT WAIT - bonus offer - both she and her husband have maxed out their 99 weeks of unemployment despite being able-bodied and literate. They also just 'forgot' our Dad's 82nd birthday - even though he just paid for an entire funeral for one of their relatives not six weeks ago.

Reactions: Dutchie

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, my dh is allergic to all animals so can't take them unfortunately.
Anyone else on offer?

BTW one of sil's sons also forgot my mother in law's (his only grandmother) 82nd birthday on Sunday because he was in a fight with his wife.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
All I've got to trade is my nephew, who, at 22 years old, still has ZERO ambition to go out and find a job, and who spends about 14 hours per day playing FPS video games (and the other 10 sleeping). He is also obese and says he can't go outside because he is allergic to the sun.

·
Registered
595 Posts
All I've got to trade is my nephew, who, at 22 years old, still has ZERO ambition to go out and find a job, and who spends about 14 hours per day playing FPS video games (and the other 10 sleeping). He is also obese and says he can't go outside because he is allergic to the sun.
Allergic to the sun. :loser:

I would have to kick the kid out of the house.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have on offer one sister in law who is constantly complaining that she is lonely because she has no one and is therefore drinking herself into oblivion each time she gets the chance.
She divorced her husband 30 years ago and went into a relationship with a married man who would 'leave his wife when the kids were older and could handle it'.
Sister in law is now alone and the guy's kids have left home and the guy and his wife are still together. Sister in law thinks that drink will help her situation together with telling anyone who will listen that she has had bad breaks in life.
(Btw her kids are going the same way!!)

Also on offer is brother in law (you know the one - used to be married to psycho).
He has to pay alimony for 2 kids from the first marriage and 1 kid from 3 rd marriage (psycho kid).

The reason why I want to trade now is because we have been asked (by above mentioned sister) to step in and financially help the brother because he (STUPID STUPID STUPID) co-signed for a kids' clothing store for psycho and it went belly-up within 6 months and he is being hunted for the bills since she has nothing and he has a house and a job.
He is now waiting in line for an agency which helps with debt management/bankruptcy (again) but because there are so many folks in the same bad financial boat it is taking a long time for his 'turn' and in the meantime would we help out?

Any offers???
There is now way I would help these people.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
No room at the inn here, but I have a MIL, FIL, and BIL I'll give away for freeeeeeeeeeee. These are AS IS, no returns, no guarentee. I will throw in 3 bottles of wine, even if you don't drink it you can crack them open over their heads.

Cat

Reactions: Dutchie

·
Registered
545 Posts
Allergic to the sun. :loser:

I would have to kick the kid out of the house.
My grandma is allergic to the sun. She breaks out in hives. It's actually quite awful :( (not to say that this kid is telling the truth, I just wanted you to know it is a real condition)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.