Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had the single moms forum for a while, but that leaves out members that are single and don't have children or are single and empty nesters. Combining into one forum wouldn't be quite right since the circumstances are quite different.

I placed this under family. Hope no one minds.

·
Registered
177 Posts
OMG, I don't believe I'm only seeing this forum now!! I feel bad too, since I remember suggesting a singles forum and promised to post in it, but didn't realize it was added!

I'd better get busy now then.... LOL!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
as a single empty nester glad to see this. hope some cooking for one tips come my way.
Have you looked to see if there are any recipes in the cookbook or kitchen forums?

Also...........how about just cutting a recipe in half.

Know what you mean......cooking for one stinks.........that is why I love my freezer. Hate eating the same thing for a week!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I am single with all children living away from home and it is hard to cook for one so i put portions in freezer and take out later.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Looking forward to cooking for one. I have done a lot of single serving things in the freezer but would like more ideas.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
That is one thing that keeps my freezer so full when i cook something that can be frozen i put extra in freezer and with a small chest freezer sometime things get lost in bottom but i made me a list awhile back and taped to lid so i try think to mark off things i take out it helps.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
That is one thing that keeps my freezer so full
Mine too but I have had much better luck with giving a lot of it away.

So now, when I cook something I will eat a couple meals of it and then put it into containers...........only one container goes in my freezer..........the others go to friends.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I'm one of the lucky (?) ones - I can easily eat the same thing day after day after day and don't mind at all. I freeze some if I really cook a lot, but generally not. I have some pork chops there now to pull out for this week that I did several weeks ago when I cooked both a lot of chicken and a half pork loin.

I find it easy to cook for just me. I love leftovers and only have to cook what I like! Another advantage of cooking for one is that a very substantial stockpile doesn't require outbuildings to house it. This is an important consideration since I have been seriously stockpiling the last couple of weeks. I try to do it all in the fall and early winter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am what my friends call the Plastic Container Queen. I usually make large quantities of food (because everytime I try to cut the recipe down...it doesn't taste right) & freeze them in single serving sizes. I can at times eat things over & over again but I also have to a variety. I need to be in the mood to eat things. So its always good for me to see the selection...ooo that looks good....nuke it....& eat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts