Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
remember my posts that all the appliances in the house died after 15 years? well the range/oven (cooker for europeans) died yesterday.

i had been smellling gas. the man from the natural gas company came out and condemned my range. Big red sticker on it that says do not use. the gas pipes in the interior were all corroded and unfixable.

yippee skippee, off i trotted to sears appliances and picked out a six burner, white, plain, no bells and whistles, range with a sealed top. Kenmore 71312.

600 bucks including install and delivery.

Thank goodness for a freedom account! i am happy becuase i always wanted a different stove.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
There's nothing like cooking on a new stove! And, lucky you for having the money in place to get it!!! :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Awesome for getting something you really needed at a good price!!

·
Banned
952 Posts
Good for you! Don't you love good deals on our "power" tools? LOL I had to get a new stove too! Every time I start the oven I smelled propane!. I got a 5 burner, black, sealed top. $ 686 at Lowes, plus we used our Lowes CC and will be getting reward points for using it. We've already paid half of it off and next week will pay the rest. THEN.....I get my french door, freezer on the bottom fridge that I've wanted for a looong time!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it explains why my gas bill jumped from a normal $30-50 to $101 this month

and the lethargy when home. I hope there are no long term effects from slow gradual exposure to methane and methyl mercaptan.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Glad you were able to pay for the unexpected expense and also get something that you like. :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it arrived (music from 2001 a space odessey). it's nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts