Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to the site. I'm from upstate NY (Southern Tier). I am 30 years old, married and have 2 wonderful kids (though we are planning on adding another as soon as possible). I have a bachelor's degree in history but found that I couldn't find a decent job, so I decided to take some computer courses. I really like computers and I should have went for a degree in that to begin with - but hindsight is 20/20. So, right now we are living just on my husband's income and what I can make doing some mystery shops. I'm always looking for other legitimate ways to make money from home - so if anyone know of any... :thanx: .
That's all I can think of right now.

How did you hear about frugal village? search engine

What interests you here? coupons, frugal living

Do you know any other members here? no

How many kids? Ages? 2, daughter 6 months and son 8 years old.

Tell us about yourself.

Do you own any pets? yes. guinea pigs

SAHM or Working mom? Sort of a SAHM. I also take classes at a community college for computers. I do mystery shopping and am always looking for other ways to make money at home or something where I can bring the kids.

Married or single?Married - since Julty 17, 2006

Interests and hobbies?Photography, scrapbooking (though I haven't been able to do much since baby was born! :baby: ) Also thinking about learning how to make quilts.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Hi and :welcome: I am also from NY ( Central NY ).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Village!! :cowwave:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi from Central NY
Just below Utica, NY
Welcome to the village

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hiya :wave: and welcome to Frugal Village!

·
27,948 Posts
:wave2: Another NY'r (there are many here) welcoming you to the Village! I'm about 40m west of Albany. With all the taxes upon taxes we NY'rs pay, we need all the saving tips we can get, lol.

Sweet Avatar.:)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome from another upstate New Yorker. I am 40 miles west of Albany or if you want 40 miles west of Saratoga. Hi to Darlene that is also 40 miles west of Albany. Could we be neighbors?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hello & :welcome:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:welcome: from another NY'er, I'm also in the Southern Tier, way up in the top of Broome County. :D

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome from another upstate New Yorker. I am 40 miles west of Albany or if you want 40 miles west of Saratoga. Hi to Darlene that is also 40 miles west of Albany. Could we be neighbors?
I'm in Schoharie county, just across the creek from Schenectady County. You?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hi,

Another New Yorker here. I live in Binghamton.

Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome to Frugal Village!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
So glad to have you!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Darlene, I am in Fulton County just across the border from Fonda close to Sir William Johnson Hall. I love that we have so many people from upstate New York. We have to stick together to fight the NYS taxes for sure.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hello and welcome. :wave:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts