Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here hoping to learn some savings techniques. We would really like to save for a home. Here are my answers to the questions:

How did you hear about frugal village? from a dear frugal friend

What interests you here? coupons, savings tips, ideas

What will you contribute? my time and ideas

Do you know any other members here? yes - Kyfirestorm

How many kids? Ages? 3 - boys ages 16 and 9 and a daughter 12

Tell us about yourself. I live in a small town and have made terrible financial decisions alongside my dh for years. We are FP graduates but like some or most people we don't always follow it to the "t"

Do you own any pets? 3 dogs, 3 crabs, 4 hens and 1 turkey

Occupation? School bus driver

Married or single? married for 20 years

Interests and hobbies? sewing, cooking, crafts, flowers, gardening (well watching my husband garden - I like the canning part)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome! You will learn so much. We are a great group of people.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Welcome, from Richmond, KY!!!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Hi and welcome from Minnesota! :wave2:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hi! Welcome to Frugal Village!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hi and welcome from Ohio!

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome to Frugal Village!:apple:
You bus drivers have a special place in my heart, I don't know how you do it. Kids are great for the most part but to drive with all that noise & whatever going on behind you, unbelievable. You must have eyes in the back of your head.;)
Your avatar & name made me smile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A great big Welcome from this school bus driver in TN!

So how long have you been driving?
Since April 2009 - I never wanted to be a driver. I've watched my brother's wife drive for over 30 years and my mother-in-law just retired after driving 34 years in NJ and my husband's brother's wife is now driving for the past 5 years in NJ. But with 3 kids at home and my mom needing more and more help from me the schedule is perfect - the pay stinks but can't beat the schedule!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do feel like I have eyes in the back of my head and I do feel like I must be crazy for doing this (hmm which came first???) And the kids say I'm mean because I make them follow the rules. BOO HOO so sad for them... hehehe NOT!! Just trying to keep them safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.