Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow, I'm falling more in love. First I posted about Lacura and now a lot more good stuff.

-La Mas Rico brand I am loving. Now they came out with black beans in a can(no animal products in them) and the ff refried beans with no lard but they do have the cans with it. They have a whole end cap of this wonderful food like tostadas, and the mix.

-Enchilada sauce! I'm in heaven here. I forgot the price I payed but so happy that they carry this.

- Baked sweet potato fries! I make them homemade, but this was made with canola oil and yes frozen so it had artificial stuff, but it was so good to bake in the oven. I had it for breakfast this morning. :) This is one of their special purchases so they may not always carry that.

- all the low fat stuff now by fit and active. It's been expanding in many products.

-Soy milk, but they have had that for awhile. I will kiss their feet when they carry rice milk.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I know there is more.

Reactions: bluedog

·
Registered
42 Posts
German potato salad in a can; it's actually kind of gross, though, so I won't buy it again.

I've been very pleased with the bottled water prices on the rare occasion I choose to buy water. Of course, milk is priced at close to half what Wal-Mart wants for it (woohoo!) so that alone makes me love Aldi's all the more. I get a good price on real butter and baking chips there, too.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
We don't have an Aldi's here and I wish we did after hearing everyone's success stories with shopping there! :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We don't have an Aldi's here and I wish we did after hearing everyone's success stories with shopping there! :)
I will give you a hug for that. I always hear great stories about Krogers too and I wish I had that here!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Interesting. I don't think our Aldis has most of that. Last year I fell in love w/ the black bean frozen eggroll things they had in the freezer section. My DD swears by the chef cupboard soups. My Ds like the giant summer sausage logs and frozen burritos Their baby carrot prices are wonderful. But i won't touch their pop or baked goods.(so 1970 vending machine stuff). Haven't gone for awhile. If i go to the farm market tommorrow I outta pop in.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I love their salmon burgers and their scallops (both re-occuring special buys) are the yummiest I've ever tasted. Pricey though, but better than any I've had anywhere. Oh, and we love their ciabatta and focaccia bread. Love the thick cut smoked bacon, too. I know there is more, but that is all that is coming to me right now.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They also have fresh balls of mozzarella, i slice this up with some fresh tomatoes, fresh torn basil, some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper...mmmm. yummy......

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
1)I found instant brown rice ( fit active brand) and rice cakes ( Fit and Active brand) I don't know if they were specials or not.

2)Hummus different flavors --Yummy

3)Cheese Ravioli in the frozen section, They had other varieties of stuffed pasta too 1)portabello mushroom, 2)and a Spinach one

4)We love their string cheese.

5)They have turkey burger patties that my friend loves ( I haven't tried it yet)

6) turkey tenderloins

7) whole wheat pasta

8) almonds (love the roasted unsalted ones)

But I love their fresh fruits and vegetables ( always something on sale cheap) It lasts a long time in our fridge. I have strawberries I bought last week for .99 cents a pound thatare still very fresh. Blueberries a pint for .99 cents that I bought three weeks ago. I always pick up at least one bag of their spinach leaves 1.49 (min of 2.75 at our other stores) and if it is about to "Expire" they sell it for .79 cents. Bag always lasts a week or two in the fridge (if we haven't finished it off) Bought a pack of 3 green peppers of for .99 cents ( other stores sell them for min of .99 cents each around here)

I'm always finding something new. My guess as to why is there is some much that you miss stuff and also becuase of special purchases and stuff.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They also have fresh balls of mozzarella, i slice this up with some fresh tomatoes, fresh torn basil, some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper...mmmm. yummy......
Yes! I saw the fresh balls of mozzarella. That is the exact way I love to eat it. I put it in the broiler for a few.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imagine said:
1)I found instant brown rice ( fit active brand) and rice cakes ( Fit and Active brand) I don't know if they were specials or not.

2)Hummus different flavors --Yummy
I wish they would come out with whole brown rice. I use a ton of it.

I bought their hummus last time and I loved it. I thought it was better than the brand I usually buy and cheaper to.

I never did see the whole wheat pasta. I will have to check next time I am there.

The last time I bought their almonds, I ate the whole can like in two days. lol

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I wish they would come out with whole brown rice. I use a ton of it.

I bought their hummus last time and I loved it. I thought it was better than the brand I usually buy and cheaper to.

I never did see the whole wheat pasta. I will have to check next time I am there.

The last time I bought their almonds, I ate the whole can like in two days. lol
The whole wheat pasta at my ALdi's is not right by the regular pasta. It was sorta near the sauces though.

The Almonds at my Ald'i come in a bag, with 11 (1/4 cup) servings.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I loved the canned black beans but they were only a special sale here and we never got them in again *sigh*. I like their Mexican style beans for using in veggie tacos and tostadas (not the refried or mashed). The other day Aldis was selling quarts of bluberries for $1 (limit 5) and milk for 99 cents (no limit)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the whole wheat pasta, too! I tried the spicy guacamole, yummy. Kids love the moo-tube yogurt. Whip cream and OJ everytime :) Just to mention a few-love Aldi's.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Last time we bought some organic granola/snack bars. Caushie farm ( I didn't spell that right) I think they were a special purchase and boy did they go fast. Found some really yummy varieties we liked.

I noticed this week they have crab ragoons and cream cheese wantons. I really looking forward to trying the cream cheese wantons. I had seen them there before and missed my chance to buy them. But they are back.

I personally like that they have some "Always haves" and "special purchases" ( which aren't only there til gone) But this would drive my mom nuts I believe, at least until she got use to it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Their blue corn chips (Clancy's I think) to go with the hummus. These are better and quite a bit cheaper than they are at the big grocery stores here.

This thread is making me hungry!

·
Registered
525 Posts
personally i find them to be hit or miss.ive gone there a few times but they dont take Qs and i really have been getting a good deal at wally world. i need to go where i can stretch my budget most.:dust:

·
8,714 Posts
~I've spent the last year liking Aldi less and less. They put superfluous additives in so much of their stuff and I don't think they used to. I picked up some canned beans last time I was in the store only to discover that they not only added salt, but sugar and two preservatives. Why?!?
I love their baking section though. Great quality, tasty and half the price of grocery stores.~

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the whole wheat pasta, too! I tried the spicy guacamole, yummy. Kids love the moo-tube yogurt. Whip cream and OJ everytime :) Just to mention a few-love Aldi's.
We love the spicy quacamole here! Next time I am there I am going to see if we have the whole wheat pasta.

Their blue corn chips (Clancy's I think) to go with the hummus. These are better and quite a bit cheaper than they are at the big grocery stores here.

This thread is making me hungry!
I've seen the blue corn chips but have not tried them. That sounds good because I will use other corn chips with hummus.

~I've spent the last year liking Aldi less and less. They put superfluous additives in so much of their stuff and I don't think they used to. I picked up some canned beans last time I was in the store only to discover that they not only added salt, but sugar and two preservatives. Why?!?
I love their baking section though. Great quality, tasty and half the price of grocery stores.~
I'm super picky about buying canned beans. I always read the lables because I don't want lard or any other animal product. The refried ones(they have a couple kinds here) and black beans don't have that. Now I know some of their baked beans have sugar though and extra stuff. Yes, they have a great baking section.

Reactions: nuisance26
1 - 20 of 29 Posts