Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry I had to put this in a separate post...I had such a difficult time trying to add pics to the other one.

Here are the pics:
Before

After

they are dark, sorry. I think you can get a good idea of what I did, though.

Here is what I did:

The first pic is what the outfit looked like before I started cutting and seam ripping! LOL! It is an Absorba brand "bubble/romper" whatever you want to call it. It was size 3 mos and never fit my little Katie. I came across it last summer (for free), but she was already into 6 mos clothing.

So, I seam ripped the top from the bottom part, then seam ripped the sides under the arms. I took out the tie backs from under the arms and then seam ripped them apart to make the matching "hem" at the bottom. I cut a retangular piece of fabric to make the skirt part, added the "hem" part and then gathered and stitched the skirt. Oh, I loosened the side seams under the arms ever so slightly to give Katie more room and I also adjusted the 3 buttons on the back over a little. I don't want her to be cramped, yk?

For the bottom half of the outfit I made a casing out of the same pink fabric I used for the skirt. Put some elastic in and voila! It is a cloth diaper friendly bloomers for her. I put it on her yesterday and realized that I need to do some more seam ripping on the bloomers as the elastic around the legs is too tight. :-(

And here is a pic of the Little Princess in her dress:

Have a great day!

Kristin :)

·
27,948 Posts
Nice job and your model is too cute!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I am cracking up over here. I was looking at this post a few minutes ago and staring at before and after and they looked the same, but your description of what you did was there, but I was like umm but those pics look the same. LOL

I guess they were the same. LOL Now I see you added the right picture. hehe

Anyway, now I can see how different it is and it looks great. :) I love to see sewing projects. (you can post sewing projects in the photo gallery too) I can't sew at all. :( I'd love to learn someday though.

Your daughter is pretty and the outfit turned out really nice and recycled is a bonus.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You caught me, Sara! When I am posting a series of pics, they usually have similar URLs so I just copy and paste the same name a couple of times and change one letter in the url and it save me a little time, LOL!! On this post I forgot to change the one letter and hit "submit". So, I went back and fixed it. You are just way too quick to read posts, Sara!
;)

Kristin

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
You did a great job of recycling that outfit. I would have never thought to recycle it. I would have just donated to someone. Thanks for sharing the photos and the idea.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Great job! I love seeing sewing projects also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts