Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to my friend's yesterday (Sat) and asked about her mom and how the procedure went on Friday.
Well she was taken into the operating room and just before they wanted to start with the procedure her blood pressure went down so far that they almost lost her and they decided not to do anything.

Later in the afternoon on Friday she called home and started telling her husband about some stuff that had to be done.

However this is the message that my friend sent me this morning (Sun).

She stabilized enough to go to a normal room. Her pressure is staying steady, her pulse drops pretty low, but she is sitting up. Not like before the procedure. She is on IV anti fluid medication to help pull the fluid out of her lungs which is part of the problem She became so unstable yesterday during the procedure. So the next step, is she and my Dad have to make a decision. If she is stable enough, Monday morning ( they found 4 blockages) on the right side. This is a very high risk thing to do. The only other choice is go home on meds and oxygen live a sedentary life and wait. That thought she told me is not something she could take. We wait. Hope this keeps you up to date.

Please keep praying.

Thank you.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am praying for your friend and her mother. I hope she gets strong enough to go through with the procedure and does well.

Reactions: Dutchie

·
Registered
586 Posts
I don't know if you have discussed this before on another thread but I was wondering how the health care is in the Netherlands. Is it unniversal? Is everyone covered?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if you have discussed this before on another thread but I was wondering how the health care is in the Netherlands. Is it unniversal? Is everyone covered?
We have universal healthcare in NL. Everyone is covered.

I have a link for you where our system is outlined.

IQuarrel- Intelligent debate and discussion forum

If it doesn't work, I'll send the contents to you in PM.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put the latest update on the following thread - 2nd update of friend' s mother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.