Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are planning? A wild party or a relaxing night at home safe and sound in front of the fire place?

SIL always has a party with plenty of fun drinks. DH has to work in the morning so I will leave it up to him what he feels like doing.

If he wants to chill and stay home, fine with me. I'll watch the countdown with Anderson Cooper, champagne and kiss him at midnight. :hubba:

What about you?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Tradition is a family party. Just DH, the boys and myself. DH goes out and buys lots of cheeses, sausages, crackers, shrimp, etc. A half bottle of champagne & sparkling juice for the boys.

I make up a fruit tray, some Bruschetta, or maybe a fondue. And chocolate pots or chocolate cups filled with chocolate mousse.

Watch New Years TV, then watch the ball drop, toast each other, share a kiss and wishes for a great New Year. Then go outside and bang pots and pans, listen to the others bang pots and pans, listen to gunfire :yikes:, watch a few fireworks set off by the neighbors.

We stopped doing that after DH got laid off. Thanks to a gift from my Sister we will start back again this year. :)

The fireplace sure sounds nice though, wish we had one. :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Yeah, bit of the redneck in these parts.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We do a family party. We have "party nachos" (nachos with everything on them rather than like "routines nachos which are ones with what we have on hand on them). I always buy the boys bottles of Martinelli's. We also have other "party foods", which reminds me that I need to ask the guys what they want for Friday. Sometimes, they want chips and dip and, sometimes, they want veggies and dip.

We watch movies and then watch the ball drop. We finish up the last movie after the ball drop and go to bed a little after midnight.

We used to go do New Year's eve with people. But, the last time we went somewhere, when we were driving home, well, we played "count the drunk drivers" game. The guys decided that it was more fun to stay home (and safer).

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I just plan on relaxing and reading a good book and decide my new year's goals for 2011.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Our tradition is a party with friends on the 31st and dinner with family on the 1st. This year we are going to a restaurant owned by one of our friends. It's actually closed for the Holidays so it'll be just us. Since there will be lots of people, the space is bigger than anyone's home. Very excited about this party!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
We usually get some movies to watch with the kids for a family movie night. Then, when the kids go to sleep, we watch some movie we've rented. I fight the good fight to stay awake until midnight, we switch over to the ball dropping around 11:58, watch it drop, go back to the movie and go to bed. Three kids with another on the way...our party days are OVAH!

However, it's exactly what we like. Family, home, and movies. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
nothing of any excitement here. I have the night off, but my husband has to work. Will probably ask my boys if they want to spend the night and rent movies.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I will be at home with my boys. Being a single mom, I rarely have a baby sitter, and haven't been out since my oldest(almost 12yrs, old) was a baby. I like it though. We have fun junk food, watch the ball drop and everyone goes to bed, with the thoughts of all the great stuff the new year will bring!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Two oldest teens are going to their own parties. Dh has to be to work at 6am on New Years Day so he's staying home all night. I will go to our church party (games, snacks, treats) for awhile, then come home to watch a movie with the littler kiddoes. At midnight we will set off fireworks. We usually go to friends but since he is working he doesn't want to go.

·
Registered
984 Posts
We always stay home. Years ago we went to my parents for games and food etc. but there are to many drunks on the road and now we all prefer to stay safe at home watching movies . We do usually get Chinese take out as a treat and some special dessert treat .

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
We stay home and have pizza and Martinelli's. We watch the ball drop. I hope the teens don't have plans. I hate them being on the road w/ all the drunks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We're staying home this year. We may go out to dinner (in our neighborhood), but then we'll be back at home. Probably play games and just chill out.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I will probably not do anything special for New Year's Eve. I used to stay up to ring in the new year, but now I think I'd rather get a good night's sleep and start January 1st feeling awake and energetic. :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Will have the grand daughters for our own little New Years Eve celebration. Pork, kraut and dogs for midnight (good luck tradition) Fruit and dip, veggies and dip, cheese, crackers and pepperoni tray, leftover holiday cookies, etc. Hats and noisemakers. Will play board games, watch kid friendly DVD and then watch the ball drop. Midnight equals lots of noise, hugs and kisses and then out in the yard to also listen to neighbors shoot off guns...( In PA also and yep, alittle bit redneck as well! LOL) A taste of the pork and kraut and then bundling 2 little girls off to bed! Hopefully we will all sleep late on New Years Day! Happy 2011 ALL !!!!!

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
If we can find a sitter, we're going to do dinner and movie with friends.

If we can't, we'll stay home, snack, and rent movies.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have invited my siblings and families to come over and enjoy the evening playing games, eating too much snacks and letting the kiddies play together. We will ring in the new year and then everyone can spend the night at my house...I have tons of room. No one will be out driving on the road with the drunks.

·
27,948 Posts
Keeping up with tradition is oh so important to us so we shall be found sound asleep in our beds. :pblow:
Nothing planned for the day either. Party! :dancing:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts