Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goals for this year since I didn't have anything else of importance to me is to get rid of as much debt as I can. We wanted to start trying for kids this year but then something happened and DBF went prude on me..lol Well it got me thinking. Instead of being mad I thought it was a great time to start paying off the few credit cards I have. My largest card is my CC through my bank. My limit is $3,400 I pay about $200 a month on it, but I spend about $75 on it because I have a few re-occurring payments of things I am members of and also my security plan is in that $75. I have been trying when I can pay extra on my smaller cards so I don't have to worry about them.

As of yesterday I was able to pay off one of my Major CC's. I have 5 cards total 3 of them are Major. Out of those 5, 2 of those cards I want to get rid of, both Major Cc's. The 3 cards I will have left over are my Bank of America, Wal-mart, and Sunoco. I will be happy with having just 3 cards. You need 1 major card so that's why I'm keeping the one through my bank. Wal-mart I can't part with, I love shopping there and I just want to keep it, even if I won't use it once it's paid off. Which will be my next card to pay off. I paid $350 today and my remaining balance is about $450. I would have had it paid off or just about paid off if I didn't need to get tires last week which cost me $250 for 4 brand new 70,000 tires. I think that is an amazing price since I hardly drive my car but I did want to spend the money to get the best tires I could. After I pay off Wal-mart I'm going to work on the sunoco card. DBF will be helping me with this one because he does use this card also when hes low on funds and he needs to fill his tank. I will never get rid of this card. Sunoco gas is the only gas I use. I fill my tank once a month which is about $40. My payments are usually about $60 if I'm the only one to use the card that month. If he uses it I try and send $80. My bill was allot higher till I took the card off of my DBF when he was using it to tank up all the time. I did yell at him about this now I keep the card at all times. My target visa card is my 2nd major card that once I pay it off it's going bye bye. My limit is $1,500, I have $1,400 spent on it because I only send them the minimum so I cay pay on the smaller cards. Once I have those other cards gone I will have only 2 cards to pay on, my Bank of America card and the Target one, then I can pay on as much as I have to to get them paid off. Once Target is gone then all I will have left is my Bank of America card. I do plan to have them paid off by time 2009 comes around and also hope to have more money put away so I can try and pay off my Citi financial loan. My pay off is about $10,000. I really want to be able to save up that 10,000 so I can pay off that loan flat out next year. Once I get rid of all of that, I will be able to take the time off from work that I want to when we have a baby. And keeping it down to 3 cards will be allot easier to manage I feel. Since I pay the bills I feel my plan will work. I told my dad today my plans and he said he was so proud of me that his little girl was finally growing up.

I feel really good about my plan and I know I will stick with them because I am dead set on taking time off from work when we have our first baby. Best time to do that is now when I have the time and finances to do so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a plan Corrine! Go for it! I'm assuming that loan must be student loans?

Jean
No the loans was from credit card debt but my debt wasn't as much as my loan is for the 5 years. That is why I want to save up and pay them off because my pay off is no where near $20,000. Citi Financial has very high interest and a ton of added fees, but if you don't stay with them and pay them off you won't have to pay all that extra stuff.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do and what you want to achieve...and that is definitely the beginning step! Best of luck with your goals!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts