Frugal Village Forums banner

Next up, student loan

Tags
loan student up
2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Marie78 
#1 ·
We owe less then 500.00 on our student loan:yippee: I called for the payoff. So Iam doing double payments til it will be paid off in June. Then its off to the remaining 2 C.C.'s. Alomost done! ~sigh~
We have'nt bought anything on credit since 2003, so we have been struggleing since then, we thought we were rich~sigh again~ Thank God we both see eye to eye on living more simple!!!!!
Iam trying to save more too out of whats left from the extra money from our old car payment.:pblow:

#2 ·
I think your doing great, keep up the great work, dont worry June will be here in no time (I hope too!) and soon everything will be paid off. Congrats!

Come June we will no longer have a CS payment of $600 per month, YAY!

#4 ·
I have $500 left on our DD's student loan. I got inspired to get that monkey off my back!!! I usually pay $200 but I want to pay more so I developed a plan to sacrifice and pay it off early.
I am selling an extra refrigetor we have ($75), trying my luck at the flea market (I have some collectibles I am going to try to get rid of- $75), cut $100 from the food budget and eat from the pantry, and not buy anything for household and pharmaceuticals for a month($80 unless someone gets sick) Then I will be DONE!

#5 ·
That is wonderful! My car loan will be paid off in August and then my student loan payment will end in September. I keep looking forward to that goal, then it's on to paying down the cc :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.