Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long-timer's here and at Homestead garden may remember that two years back I had a concrete pad poured on the side of the house. It was done poorly and the contractors never came back after half the job was done. DH is a patient man...way patient. He totally wants to wait for them to come back and finish the job. He doesn't want to go with another company and has complained about the costs, labor, etc.

Me? I have been patient long enough....My plan? (rofl...you know i have a plan)

I am gonna do it myself. I have a friend commin to help me too. We're gonna mix the concrete, build the frame fill it in, etc etc etc.

And to this end, I have gotten free materials by means of FreeCycle. I have gotten concrete, some corrugated roofing material to cover the hot tub area (also a freecycle find) and some cinder blocks. I am on a "if no one responds" list for a few other freecycle items like garden fencing and such. So lets see how much i can do this for. :clap:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ooh and plus...church said they are having concrete work done and they might send help over too

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Missy, I admire you so much, you are such a go getter. :) I know that your concrete job will be a success. :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Good luck! That's a big project, but I'm sure you'll pull it off. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yee-hoo!! I just picked up some cute, cute, cute "room dividers" that look like shutters. And i am gonna weather seal em...then i can use em in Operation: Patio Makeover.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Congrats and good luck on the makeover

Kellie

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was offered some railroad ties today by a neighbor who found me measuring out some things in the yard a few days ago. I was just sitting outside on my steps, and she asked if i needed em for landscaping. Talk about perfect, huh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts