Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread has me wondering, what nicknames or terms of endearment do you and your family call one another? We have lots, the list could go on & on.
Toots, Bubbles, big daddy, Mr. super cool groovy, Pop's daddy-o,Pal,
baby girl, goofball wierdo,honey, dear, sweetie pie , snookums, crabby patty...:laugh:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I call DS binky bee, schmoopy, lovin spoonful (i dont know why), DH and I call each other "babe" in tribute to all the annoying couples on the amazing race. we call my sister Flutie ....and probably tons of other nicknames we say so often i dont even think about it

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
We've got lots...I just kinda call the kids whatever pops into my head at the moment. The regulars are:
Pumpkin pie
Pumpernickel bread
Knick-knack-paddy-whack, give the dog a bone (Yes, I actually call Patrick this all the time...why? I don't even remember)
Fuss Budget
Fussy britches
Fiona Bunkle (what we call Julia when she's being fussy)
Freddy Bunkle (what we call the boys when they are being fussy)
Jpeg
Peggy Sue
Jbear
PitPat
Matty Methusela
MitMat

And, of course, when the boys have a present for us:
Poopdeck Pappy
Stinker pants
P.U. Bear

Then there are the old standbys of:
Sweetie
Honey
Sweetums
Sweets

Yes, it is a wonder my children even know their own names! Although, in a store, no one else's kid comes running to the call of Knick-Knack!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow here are ours:

I call DH: Papi, Babe, or Honey sometimes, PITA (wink)
I call my DD: stinky butt, tee-tee, or Katie-lynn
My DS's: We just call them by name

No extravagant names for us, we're just plain simple :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
DS1 is Bubby
DD is Bump (she's a very...uh...ungraceful child...)
DS2 is Booka (Boooo kah)

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We have quite a few. As a child my daddy would call me Little Dummy and I called him Big Dummy. He also called me Go-Bird (I always had to be going somewhere). Most of my friends called me Leigh-Leigh or shrimp (I am very short).

Some of the kids' nicknames are:

DS
Big Dawg
Dawg (he is much bigger than other kids his age, he is the big dog of the group.) Most everyone, both parents and kids that he plays ball with call him Dawg)
Boogie - I love Mike Boogie from the show Big Brother.
J-Rod - he is a great baseball player and loves the player for the Yankees called A-Rod.

When he was three he came into the house and announced to me he was not John-Christopher, he was Mac Daddy. For the next three months we had to call him Mac Daddy no matter where we were. He would not respond to his given name.

DD
Angel - because of her big heart
Ali-Angel - name given to her by her Maw-Maw
Squirrel
Precious
Grace - she is not graceful at all, very accident prone.

If the kids are together and I want them both I call them A & B. I will just yell out "A & B come here."

DH and I do not have nicknames for each other.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
In high school, my friends used to call me Naderbug. It eventually got downgraded to Buggie for quite some time -- my ex was still calling me Buggie not long before I left him.

:smooch: calls me such endearing names as Babe, Treasure and <a href="http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail31.html">Sugarbob</a>. lol BTW, :smooch: is not Daniel. :p

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
DH and I call each other baby, pronounced BEH-beh. We've been doing it so long that if he calls me by my real name, I think something's wrong :D

Occasionally DH calls me wifey or my lil pain in the butt, and I frequently call him insane :D but those are more descriptive terms rather than pet names.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Hmmm lets see here -

Mom - Medusa, Bernie Boomboom, Bernie Mac, Broom Hilda

Brother - Saint Michael, It, Mac

DD - Ari, Diva, AriDiva, Goddess, Princess, Khmer Cutie, Cutie, Chicken Monkey, Chicken butt, Chicken Little, Chick, Chicka, Milk Monster, Smiley, and my all time favorite... Babyzilla

DF - Hon, Hickabilly, Red Neck

Our Cat Memphian - Messy Friend (DD couldn't pronounce her name... it stuck)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Oh that's right, :smooch: also calls me "Missus" quite often too. "Whatcha doin', Missus?" or "Ready to go, Missus?" It's cute. :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
nicknames for the houseapes:
ds#1- JohnMichael- Boo (use to be booboo when he was little)
ds#2- Benjamin- Bink (use to be bink-a-man when he was little)
dd#1-Amber- Miami(My Ammy)/Mammy
dd#2-Meagan- Megs(dh picks on her & calls her "loser" b/c she is very good at games & often beats him...all in good fun)
dd#3- Sarah- Sarazona/Zona
ds#3-Elijah- Batbee/ 'Lige
ds#4- Caleb- BunnyPunkin'
dd#4-Lindsey- Linnie-the-Pooh/Monkeybear
ds#5-Samuel- SamboRambo/Samo/Samwise
ds#6-Zachary- Zach Attack
dh & I really don't have nicknames(except what I call him when he irritates me.lol)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow! Okay I'll list a few:
Me - Growing up it was Sis, or Pooky? Now it's Sis or Mom
DH - I call him Babe, Hon(honey) or Dad (in front of the kids)
DS#1 - Burl (who knows why?)
DD #1 - Stef
DD#2 - Fly or Flydora
DS#2 - Quang (which he hates) or Jr
DD#3 - Peg or Megs
This got me thinking why do we do this to each other?? LOL

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
dh is either honey or daddy(kids there).

Dh calls me honey, or mama. When speaking to his workmates and friends he calls me mama(as in hot mama).

DS12 is turkeyboy, meat head, monkey boy, squirt(when he was little). I usually call him bud. His user names on the playstation and game boy is general midget and turkey boy...lol

DD10 is Magoo, Maggie, Maggie-Poo, Meggie, Brat, Mags, sweetie pie

DD8 was called Chuckles(she was the extreme opposite for her first 3 years, but is well suited to that now,she has the most contagious giggle). Sweets, sweetie.

DD3 is Princess, babycakes, babes, baby.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
DD18 is "ashtree" because her name means "ash tree meadow"
DD15 is "rachey"
DD5 is "cake" we called her babycake as a baby, it got shortened to "cake" and she answers to this, lol. We also call her "baby court court"

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
DH has always called me Rusty.Our whole family has always teased him with BatesLover.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The husband is usually refered to as: Hun. When I'm talking to anyone else in the family I refer to him as "The Husband".

When I'm talking to my kids I call them "Baby", ""sweetie", and other random cute things like that. But when I'm talking about them I call my oldest "Large Screaming", my 17mo. old is "Medium screaming", and the 5 mo. old is either "small screaming", "infant", or "doggie". We call him doggie because right before he was born we inherited a baby chihuahua and my middle child called him "doggie". So, when we brought home the infant she started calling him "doggie". Pretty much anything smaller than my middle child is refered to as "doggie".

I keep telling my husband that we need to stop that because he will develop some kind of complex...

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Oh boy..Where do I start??

Dh calls me Wifey or Honey Bunches

I call Dh Honey or Fritz (his nickname from his family)

My 14yr old is called Big Brother..and for good reason(not just because he's the oldest) he is 5'10 and 226lbs..he looks like a giant compared to my 2 younger sons..LOL..

My 12yr old son's nickname Kodeman or little tody..

My 10yr old son's nickname is Dusty or little turkey..

My Dad calls me Pumpkin or Princess..

My Uncle calls me Brenda Boo..

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
dh is dear, bubba and puck. puck is his screen name so depending on who i'm talking to, he gets called that.

ds is greggie or honey

dd is baby (behbay) dh calls her quarter pint

i'm just mom, unless i'm annoying dh and then i'm pita yep that's how i picked my screen name. and i'm very good at being a pain in the rear. :laugh:

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Zac calls me honey, baby, sweetie, stinky butt,

I call him honey, baby, sweetie, butt head, crap face, etc. (all in good naturedness of course.)

Zac calles Wesley Wes, which I will never do.

We both call him, buddy, baby, little man, chompa,

I call him my little handsome.

My mom calls me Nick, Sis, and my older brother calls me SEESTOR..

My uncle and my grampa used to call me Coley and my uncle used to call me his little indian squaw.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
oh i forgot............. DH calls me "The Reigning Ms Short and Sassy 2006-2007 "(a long strange story) and we call him steve sometimes (which is not his name LOL and even longer story

1 - 20 of 24 Posts