1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t baking powder
4 oz. shredded cheese
2 c spinach​
Serves:
2-4 people​
Directions:
Melt butter in 8" baking pan.
Beat eggs well, Add flour, milk, garlic and baking powder.
Pour into baking pan
Stir in cheese and spinach

Bake 30-35 minutes until firm​

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo - this sounds good and I love spinach!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thank you, going to try this tonight, I have spinach coming out of my ears right now!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it could, but it would be more like a quiche

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I made this last night, wow is this good!

My family ate the entire thing. I doubled it and put it in a 9x13 pan. This is going to be made again real soon. thanks again!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you think that I could use frozen spinach for this recipe? Defrosted and the water removed as much as possible? I don't have fresh spinach and I'm trying to find a recipe to use the frozen packages I have in the freezer :)

For the flour, I'll either subsitute white rice flour or an all-purpose gluten free flour - DH is now gluten-free by necessity :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
nodmicks.....I too dont eat flour. I would use almond flour, whey protien or coconut flour, just remember when using coconut flour that it is SUPER absorbant and you would need much less than this recipe call for.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Do you think that I could use frozen spinach for this recipe? Defrosted and the water removed as much as possible? I don't have fresh spinach and I'm trying to find a recipe to use the frozen packages I have in the freezer :)

For the flour, I'll either subsitute white rice flour or an all-purpose gluten free flour - DH is now gluten-free by necessity :(
I just pressed the frozen spinach in the strainer real well. Worked great.

nodmicks.....I too dont eat flour. I would use almond flour, whey protien or coconut flour, just remember when using coconut flour that it is SUPER absorbant and you would need much less than this recipe call for.
I used the coconut flour when I made it and used tad under 1/4 cup. It was yummy! I also subbed heavy cream for the milk. I thought I was likely the only one around here eating co flour

1 - 12 of 12 Posts