Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty I have to get this off my chest. There are many people in the Village. Not everyone is going to agree 100% with whatever an OP posts. That's life.

If you don't want advice or opinions then don't ask for it. If you do ask and you don't like what you hear....well, maybe you need to hear it anyway. If someone gets their widdle feelings hurt, again, that's life. Advice and opinions is not the same as asking for blanket agreement and justification. (Some people really do not want to hear anything but "You are 100% right" or "Oh you poor helpless baby")

Just spare me the "I got my feeling hurt so I'm taking my dollies and going home!" speech whilst lurking around waiting to be begged, petted and cosseted into staying.

The Village is a great place, and I for one do not wish to see it sink to the level of an elementary school playground.

No doubt I'm about to get savaged as a meanie, but that's life too.

:fan:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
You won't get any flaming from me! :wave2:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
We are all different and I think this place is great.......I myself am glad we have so many different opinions here
Fern

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Drama Queen behavior goes both ways and by both sexes apparently, from what I have seen here today.

Hope it all blows over soon so the rest of us can enjoy the site again.

·
Registered
948 Posts
AMEN!!!

Brandi

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm about to give out my first "thanks"!:yippee:

·
Registered
270 Posts
No need to say more, I think frugalwitch covered it all!!! Way to go, sometimes people just need a reality check!!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Frugalwitch... I've been wondering where you have been.

That's EXACTLY what happened - and well... you have those 'goody-two-shoes' 'cop-wanna-be's' attacking people into thinking that giving advice - is well... NOT what this forum is about. I just don't understand.

No wait!! it went this way... 'this forum is not for people who give advice that is anything other than lovey-dovey'. I give the love when it's needed.

I'm getting so pissed- cuz :censor: .. nobody cares to waste time to post a thoughtful meanful purposeful educational response so that you get to read that... "People don't come here to hear your thoughtful, meaningful, purposeful, educational response' while they ramble on and on about... well.. nothing meaningful, thoughtful, purposeful or educational for that matter.

Just insane.

Give me a good honest debate. will ya.
and some wonderful crockpot recipes and some sewing tips too. :D

I've been warned by a "brilliant" villager to keep my antics to myself.

Shame.
I have access to the latest research and the best experts and can get you answers on medical issues -stat. I've shared my knowledge and now I am told I am a 'know it all' well.. with a terminal degree... I can say I know a lot! Not all.. but a lot! When you have your doctorate you can say a lot too.
I am 'very' close to a top Boston lawyer where I can get legal advice as quick as an IM to his desk. And I have shared legal advice he has given me - to the village.
I have a personal relationship with a financial adviser who can provide the best advice on money. I have shared that too.
Uhhmm.. I guess I need to point out that I'm not trying to brag.. etc, etc, etc. I AM trying to point out some people have more knowledge in some areas that others don't. I don't know how to knit. okay?

I am told .... 'nobody came here for your advice"
Thats a damn shame. Cuz.. I'm an expert at sewing.

so.... well.. mums the word. If you need help- ask. I won't volunteer :drama: but never turn anyone down.

Thanks frugalwitch. :gwitch: I appreciate the post.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I've always been an avid believer in brutal honesty. If someone is going to give their honest opinion, others need to realize that it's an -opinion-. If they don't want to read it, hear it, etc...then simply don't look at it or listen to it. I always expect people to give me their brutally honest opinion and I'm not one to tell someone not to do it.

In other words: learn that others out there have opinions that may sting a bit, but they're their opinions. Someone is always going to get their feelings hurt and it's usually when they're hearing something that they know is true in some form. I know I'm not perfect and I always tell people to exploit my flaws. :D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I know I am missing something... but I think I will stumble across it while surfing the forums.

You all know how I feel about things... I already wrote my piece.

I am not a huge advocate of the 'ignore button' because I like to know what people have to say... I do advocate the 'private message' feature though... sometimes what I want to say really doesn't add to the conversation in general and is directed to the person privately.

Reactions: Holly

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
AMEN Sister! My thoughts exactly. <shakes hand with a very strong woman>

·
Registered
660 Posts
hmm...I think I missed something too but I totally agree!

Also...where did the debates section go? Isn't that where this sorta thing should be? I liked that one!

Good Post, Frugalwitch!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
so.... well.. mums the word. If you need help- ask. I won't volunteer :drama: but never turn anyone down.
Open invitation #2. I'll take input from anyone. ESPECIALLY you, Nurse!

:soapbox:
WARNING: INCOMING RANT - FRAGILE CONSTITUTIONS TURN AWAY NOW

But I will say I have no intention of keeping my mouth shut when I see something wrong. I'm not going to coddle people or tell them, "oh its ok, bankruptcy is the right thing, you do whats right for your family" when someone's using bankruptcy as a way to get out of the hard, HONEST option of keeping ones own word.

I have a message for every person considering bankruptcy out there, and every person who's ever encouraged someone to go that route.

Post after post after post, "Oh the economy is so bad, oh what are we going to do, oh things are so expensive now" - and one only needs to read the news to see that the #1 leading problem behind the faltering economy today is the credit crisis of people defaulting on their loans.

Are the lenders and brokers innocent? Not hardly, and anyone that committed a crime should go to jail, but you know if you signed a loan you didn't understand, and you bought a house you couldn't afford, and you lived beyond your means, and now you are defaulting on your loans and looking for bankruptcy protection because you made your bed and now you don't want to lie in it, then shame on you, and shame on everyone who says to you, "oh, its ok, you're doing the right thing".

You wanna know why money's becoming worth less and less? Why your dollar buys less every week? Why gas is so expensive? Because the FED is pumping money into the economy, devaluing the dollar, to keep it afloat because YOU are defaulting on your promises to pay after taking a bunch of stupid loans for crap you didn't need in the first place.

IMO about maybe five percent, MAYBE 10, tops, of all bankruptcy cases out there are legit cases of genuine, honest to god not their fault, last possible solution and will hate doing it forever desperation, and the rest are people taking the easy way out, refusing to do what it takes to make things right, hanging onto the illusion that they really can keep the expensive house and expensive car and that they deserve it, no matter what the budget says.

You CAN NOT have your cake and eat it too, so next time you're so eager to offer sympathy, support, and VALIDATION for someone who's made a mess of their world and like a little child, wants to just walk away from it instead of cleaning up, you ask yourselves: Am I helping? Or am I helping to make it worse? Because every single bankruptcy, ever single defaulted credit card and mortgage - every single one of them doesn't just hurt the lenders - it hurts YOU.

And the worst thing is, the people who need to have this message shouted into their brains the most are the ones who are going to be the most outraged and offended that I'm being so mean and am such a bully - for telling you that 9 out of 10 times, bankruptcy is just plain WRONG.

Rant complete. You may now return to your regularly scheduled oblivion.
:nrant:
Let the outrage commence.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ut oh, what I miss? :eek:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts