Frugal Village Forums banner

No Groceries for March

3K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  MsMarieH 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's try this again... shall we?

I bombed for February. I couldn't resist a local Kroger going out of business.

But I'm willing to try again!! Exceptions include needed items - and perishables, such as milk/bread/eggs/etc.

Not off to a great start, but I really did need shaving cream ... well.... sorta... I was almost out (hubby & I share items like this)

March 1st
I went to Publix to get shaving gel that was BOGO (w/ coupons)

I bought 12 cans, spent $7.02

Gave the kids $3 to get drinks out of the vending machine - I know, I know -

Total spent: $10.02

Shaving cream will be for hubby & I both. He's thrilled to use pink floral smelling cream :toothy: LOLOLOLOL.

See less See more
#31 ·
Been cooking out of the pantry/fridge all week. Still got PLENTY more to go.

Truthfully I could easily skip the grocery store this month, except my Jewel happens to be having some nice loss leaders on a three day sale through tomorrow. So I will probably go and pick some stuff up, especially to use up some coupons I have that are expiring next week and are on sale this week. Am also going to pick up a substantial amount of pasta for my stockpile (one of the items I have been itching to cross off my "need to stockpile" list. Will probably also pick up some HBA stuff.

#32 ·
so far, so good.

I've packed another bag to donate to the food bank - I really don't even like Better Crocker potatoes in a box, so I'm going to share those.

I did go to Publix yesterday & get a bunch of carrots & asparagus for dinner, as well as 4 bags of dog food ($.59 after coupons), a bottle of Worch sauce (free after coupon) and 2 silk soymilks.

total spent $13 and I didn't get much that will clog up space & suck up my oxygen - except that bottle of sauce, so maybe I'll toss it in the food bank bag too - I don't "need" it.

#34 ·
OK... stocked up a BUNCH for my stockpile, which I am not counting against this challenge.

What I *am* counting against this challenge is the chicken I bought, the fresh produce: grapes, bananas, celery, onions, asparagus and mushrooms yogurt, and milk. Forgot to buy bread, but I think I need that too. So, not bad for a first shopping trip of the month. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.