Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have no kids and not planning on having any? I'm not talking about people with grown children, grandchildren or foster kids (sorry), I mean absolutely no rugrats of any age.

I get mighty tired of hearing my friends IRL gas on endlessly on the subject. KWIM?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
No kids and no desire to have any.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you have children or want children?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
No Kids here, not trying to have any, at least not any time soon. Not in the near future, if ever. I don't mind children, but I have had to force myself to listen and smile politely many times when people go on and on about theirs. Then I love when they turn to me and ask the question of when I am starting my family. It's not even a consideration in the next few years, I might change my mind though.

For me, I could go on and on about how my cats are my babies LOL. People with children look at me like I have lost my marbles, but I dote on my cats like very furry children who will always love me unconditionally. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have kids and honestly, I just don't want any. I think at one point I thought it was just something most women do and figured one day I would be one of those women. I completely admire those who have children! I think children are cute and all...I just don't feel it is the path for me. But every once in a while I may get a little feeling that maybe I should one day....now I'm just rambling. Sorry...

I love being an aunt to my nephews! And like Marie in NY...I love my little fur-babies (4 cats).

But who knows...never say never...I like to keep an open mind and just because it may not be right for me today...maybe one day soon it will be.

:kitty:

·
Registered
583 Posts
No kids right now and no immediate plans to have any. BF says he wants 2 kids...well we're not married yet and I don't know when he intends to have these kids, but I'm not getting any younger.

I'm not against the idea, but I think I would be fine either way.

Right now, I have a dog that I love to take care of and I'm cool with that!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have any children and at 47 don't plan on having any either. At this point in my life I would never have the energy. I am content with my classroom of 19!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
When I was in college one of my best friends said she wanted four but we both got older. I was 34 when I married and so was she. Her husband didn't want any because he thought any kids would be rotten like his sister and she thought she was too old. I didn't think I was too old and went on to have three kids, the last one at 40. I kind of wish I had decided to have one more but at 40 I was concerned about giving birth to a child with birth defects since that does increase with age. I have a friend that gave birth to identical twins at 43.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to see I'm not alone! Thanks for all the replies. I was medically advised at a young age that it would be very extremely risky for me to have children. As the years passed other doctors said the same. Frankly it didn't matter to me!

·
Registered
54 Posts
We have no kids and can't have kids (medical reasons also) but we have 2 cats and a dog and they are our babies no matter what others say. My parents don't care if they have grandkids or not my brother and his wife have no kids and not going to either they have 1 cat and 1 dog and are happy like that. My parents said they are not the ones who would have to raise the kids and they are right. Now dh parents are a whole other story they wanted grandkids so bad I think they could taste it they used to harp on us all the time but then my sil got married and they have 3 so now no pressure from them. But we do get oh look how great you 2 are with your niece and nephew and we are but we just say yes but we don't have to take them home we can give them back when we are done.

Works great for us and we are happy this way. We are also very set in our ways we love to be able to go if we want and not worry about a sitter. We treat our cats and dog like they were kids so does my mom she buys them presents all the time and she even said presents for them are cheaper then for kids.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
No children here either and no desire for them. The kritters are our "kids", and we can lock them up and go away without risking being thrown in jail :)

That said, I'm the quirky aunt that the kids love but the parents HATE! I'm the one that gives 10,000 piece bead sets, sand art, stamping kits, paint, gaudy inflatable furniture and oh yes, musical instruments, lol. I LOVE that!

Not everyone is meant to have children, luckily my mother understood it, now my MIL, wellllll, hubby finally took her aside and LET HER HAVE IT!

Yep, no kids and happy :)

kj

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
No you are not alone thats exactly how my kid feels.

They have no desire to have any, which is fine, they might change their minds later,, or not.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have to say, I have two kids and I cannot stand when people go on and on about their kids! I was just saying the other day to a friend (with no children) that if I have to listen to one more parent go on and on about their child, that I would explode. Geez--it's like these people have nothing else in their lives!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have to say, I have two kids and I cannot stand when people go on and on about their kids! I was just saying the other day to a friend (with no children) that if I have to listen to one more parent go on and on about their child, that I would explode. Geez--it's like these people have nothing else in their lives!
I really don't have time for people that have no other topic of conversation BUT their kids, drives me batty too. The farm and the animals ARE the main part of my life but I don't go on about them, in fact RARELY talk about them, only if someone asks and really has an interest.

I do have many friends with children though that do have other interests that we share and enjoy (and their children are well behaved too!)

kj

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm 34 and have not children and don't plan on having children. I always knew I wouldn't get married and have children even when I was little. Grown ups always said I would grow out of it but I never did :)

I'm Catholic and wanted to be a nun, however my parents only have two children, my sister and my self and no matter how I looked at it I couldn't leave her to take care of both of them on their own. They both have addiction problems, health issues and no retirement to speak of due to a lifetime of bad choices. They are also divorced and won't be in the same room together. They are both moving towards 70 and won't be easy old people to take care of. It just didn't feel right to go, even though I wanted to.

So now I live with my sister to save money. I have good friends with and without children. I really do enjoy other people's children and don't have a problem with them talking about their children. I can understand it. Although they had better be able to handle me giving junior a time out, taking away a toy or otherwise disciplining in a non-corpral manner when necessary.

My family seems to be okay with my singleness now, although it was a problem for a while. Some people are simply not called to marriage and or children. I suppose if God threw someone in my path with a big blinking sign over his head that said "This one! Right here! Marry him!" I would but I suspect the chances of that are minimul. :D

Christine

Christine

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am 33 and I have been in a good relationship for 16 years. (No plans of marriage either) I have no plans of having kids. I just choose not to. People always say you have time, you'll change your mind....

Most likely not, I like my life the way that it is, I don't plan on changing it.

Funny how life changes I was nominated the 1st to get married and have a family in school..........Boy was they wrong!!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm married, no kids. We're really not sure when if at all. I also plan on not working soon. I really want to stay at home. After that we might consider having children. But for now I'm content at the idea of being a stay at home wife!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I didn't plan on having a child. I didn't really want to get married, either.

I used to talk about my cat when the people at work went on about their kids. One day I even brought my cat to my workplace because some people wanted to meet her.

I got married and had a child thanks to faulty birth control. I guess I was destined to be a Mom whether I wanted to or not but I am not married now and probably will not marry again.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I've been keeping up with this thread because this is something DH and I have been talking about a lot lately. We've been married for 7 years, he's 37 and I'm 27. He's not getting any younger and I'm not ready that I ever want to have children. I think I would like to adopt, but I just don't think it's my lot in life to birth babies. I've only told a few people that and I get this like like I've grown a second head! I'm sure my family will be disappointed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
No kids, don't want any, won't have any.

DBF has two. That's fine with me-- I didn't have to squeeze them out of my body, didn't have to change their diapers, and I don't have to pay for them. I look forward to having a relationship with them, but I don't ever want to be a mom.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I've been keeping up with this thread because this is something DH and I have been talking about a lot lately. We've been married for 7 years, he's 37 and I'm 27. He's not getting any younger and I'm not ready that I ever want to have children. I think I would like to adopt, but I just don't think it's my lot in life to birth babies. I've only told a few people that and I get this like like I've grown a second head! I'm sure my family will be disappointed.
I'm gonna speak for Cricket and me here - it was not our lot in life to birth babies either!!!!! Being an adoptive mom, I get tired of hearing all about my friends birthing and nursing stories......HELLOOOO, but I am in the room! Oh well, grin and bear it!

I'm sure Cricket would be as willing as me to talk with you about adoption, if you ever get curious (international adoption, anyway!)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts