Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~I replaced my running shoes this week and was very disappointed to see that New Balance shoes are now made in China and Vietnam. There was one pair of the 9 NB types that said made in US but none in my size.
I think you can still get made in USA sneaks online but how do you do that without trying them on?
I bought the most comfortable pair(Asics)instead of automatically choosing NB.
Our income is from manufacturing so it makes me mad and nervous when this stuff happens. :( ~

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I love Menard's ads. They tell you what items are made in the states as well as the town/state where the item is made. I couldn't find any made in USA tennis shoes when I bought mine back in June. I ended up buying 2 pair of Sketchers-made in China. Is there any shoe made in the US anymore? I work in manufacturing also and try to support our economy when possible but it is getting harder to do so.

Cat

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
~I replaced my running shoes this week and was very disappointed to see that New Balance shoes are now made in China and Vietnam. There was one pair of the 9 NB types that said made in US but none in my size.
I think you can still get made in USA sneaks online but how do you do that without trying them on?
Our income is from manufacturing so it makes me mad and nervous when this stuff happens. :( ~
Last time I looked NB made some of their shoes in the US

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I will have to watch this close. I can only wear NB.

Yuck!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is there anything made here anymore.......

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Thanks for all the sites...........

There is no way I could buy shoes on-line......BTDT....and gave up cause I always had to send them back.

Was just reading an article today that said that China's economy could be bigger than ours within two years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.